48: Jayden Carol Crawford

Song:

- Secrets // One Republic

Thank you so much PIrri- for your cover that you made!! It looks so good 😍😍

Chapter 48: Jayden Carol Crawford

Ace*

"Did you ever wonder why you were hired to protect me in the first place?" I ask.

She seemed stunned by my question but that look was replaced with a thoughtful one.

"Actually..no," Cupcake furrowed her brows as if it's the first time she has heard of it, "I usually go ahead with my missions after I'm told."

"Well, to state the obvious, there was a reason that all 3 of you were stationed here."

"Do you know why?" She cocked her head.

"Yes..yes I do." I took a deep breath, "It was on September 7th and it was my twin sister."

"Jayden.." she put some of the pieces together, "That was the day I joined your school, That's why you were more defensive..and the times you left school.."

"Yeah," I nodded my head, "It all started when I came home from school and I couldn't find her."

After football practise ended, I went back through my house with my usual bodyguard escorts and they stationed themselves outside of my door or at their position in the corridor.

I threw my sports bag down onto my bed then ran to her room which was opposite mine, "Hey Jayden?"

There wasn't any reply.

"Jayden are you there?" I knocked on her door.

"Jayden, I'm coming in!" I warned before twisting the door handle and opened the door.

I walked into my twin's bedroom to see that she wasn't here. I tried looking for some sort of note that she could've left but still..nothing.

"Hey Phil?" I called out to one of the bodyguards outside the room, "Do you know where Jayden is?"

"No, Mr. Crawford." He poked his head in, "But she was talking to your mom before you got here."

"Alright," I stepped out of the room and shut the door, "Thanks."

I smiled and nodded to the guards I passed on my way down to room where my mom always was: the kitchen.

"Hey momma," I kissed her cheek and moved to the cupboard.

"Hi, oh they are in the cupboard underneath." My mom pointed to the one underneath.

I grinned cheekily and took out the pop tart box.

"Do you know where JayJay is?" I ask while putting the tarts into the microwave on a plate.

"She left earlier to go to your tree island thing."

"That's weird..we were meant to go together." The beep went off on the microwave telling me that it was done.

"Together?" She has a puzzled look on her face, "She was meeting someone there."

I pause midway eating my pop tart, "We never take anyone there."