chapter 4 - edited

Alex p.o.v.
Sweat pours down my face. I was now in another unknown place, surrounded by trees and some forest Lake beyond me. The dirt seemed to engulf my foot, almost holding me down. I tore my foot out of the soil enough to walk. It almost felt unreal, but something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention and silenced my thoughts; it was a white animal of some sort, something shiny around its neck. I got closer to the animal to see it better. The shiny object around its neck looked to be a necklace My father always used to wear, and the animal looked to be a white deer.

"follow me." A faint whisper came from the trees, and the creatures fled into the woods.

I followed the deer into a clearing surrounded by trees. The deer fled out of sight, but flowers covered the field. My mother's favorite, wild lily of the valley, such a beautiful plant; when my mom died, they were the flowers we chose for her grave. Movement caught my attention again; it was the deer again.

"What?" I breathed to myself, but the snap of a twig stole my attention. A shadow-like figure stepped out of the brush of the woods, and I immediately recognized him.

"Uncle," I bit out. I should have known.

"Hello, kitty," he smirked. I hate when he calls me that. It was a jab at my panther.

"What do you want?" I hissed. I would take him on here, but I didn't know how real this was or where I was, and it wouldn't solve anything if it weren't real.

He stepped closer. "you'll see," he said, turning to face away from me. "you always do, kitty."

.

.

.
Reality practically slapped me in the face, and a hand brushed my shoulder; instantly, out of reflex, I swung, connecting to something hard and warm. Rubbing my eyes to clear them, I saw Beth rubbing her jaw. " I'm so sorry." Tilting her face with my hand, I assessed the damage, and it didn't look like I had even made a mark.

" it's OK. I've taken worse blows, but what were you dreaming about?" She asked, helping me sit up, considering I just uppercut her from a laying position.

"Foster home stuff," I lied

She nodded, smiling over before Marcus walked into the room. "Everything OK?"

" yeah, Alex just had a nightmare." Beth shuffled to a standing position. I glanced at the wall clock above the door. It was about 11 AM.

" OK, today we're spending the day together; Beth, please get Alex something to wear. Alex, we will get you a proper wardrobe soon." he faces the door, almost hesitating, leaving me standing looking at Beth.

"Well, let's get you dressed. Follow me," Beth said. I was still looking for my opportunity to get out of here. Still, I wasn't looking to piss anybody off anymore, especially Beth considering she was growing on me. Following her to what I assume was her and Kyle's room. From the half-girly things and half-man items, the room was in the middle of the same hall. I stayed at the end of it. It was familiar since I had been dragged into it in the past for the same reason I am today.....for clothes. It was just lucky that we were around the same size. I chose what I always did: a long-sleeved shirt, some jeans and slip-on shoes.

" You should try a dress," she claimed, examining my outfit choice

I just shook my head. I couldn't say I liked dresses or frills.

"suit yourself," she grumbled. " come on, we have to get you to Marcus." I had a ball of nerves in my stomach at the thought of spending the day with the alpha, but Cleo was gleaming, almost content.

"W-wait," I stuttered

She cocked her head. "What's going on?"

"I um- " she cut me off