05

Chapter Five | Milk

Chapter Five | Milk

Being part of the student council was something different to say the least. It was honestly just something for me to do in my free time, and plus it looks really good on college applications.

To say the student council wasn't the hottest club was a complete understatement. Sure, we had enough people to still be considered a council, but that meant there was only five people. Five people weren't enough to easily produce a decent council. Everyone was at each other's throats, and we desperately needed new members. Honestly, I had no faith in their ability to recruit at all. So, when I seen two new people standing in front of us in our usual meeting spot in the library, I couldn't be anything but shocked.

The two newest recruits were Brooklyn Froster and Taj Harrison. I only recognized Brooklyn, for she once shared her crayons with me in third grade, but the boy, Taj, was unfamiliar to me.

Milena, president of the student council gave them a big smile and welcomed them to the club."Hey! Welcome to the student council. What brings you here?" She asked them, cocking her hip to the side. She wasn't going to accept anyone who actually didn't want to be here.

Surprisingly, The boy Taj answered and sounded excited. "Well, it is recruitment, right? I love writing, so this is the perfect outlet!" He blushed and laugh sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck and smiling showing a perfect row of teeth.

Brooklyn snorted and tapped his shoulder before focusing on Milena. "He doesn't like to broadcast that specific interest too much," She explained, sending her a soft smile. "But, he's really good!"

"So I take it as you two know each other?" Milena asked with her brows raised. Brooklyn nodded. "He's my cousin. He just transferred here."

Oh wow.

Brooklyn then went on to explain the writing competitions he had entered and his current grade in AP Lang. I couldn't help but smile at the embarrassed, yet pleased look on his face as she gushed about him. I could tell they cared a great deal about each other- not surprising, considering they are family.