Here comes the bride

What was the temperature going to be like?

I looked at the mirror, which had a LED display of today's temperature. It was 70 degrees. I decided to wear a black top and a white mini skirt.

Do I look cute? What would Connor think of this?

I shake my head in the thought of that. Connor wouldn't be able to say anything about it, he's an android.

Back in my world, my closet was filled with black hoodies and black jeans. However, the closet that's in the apartment now has a couple oversized hoodies that I thought would not look good if I wore it to work so I decided to wear the other things that were in the closet, which I was scared to try at first since it's not my thing, but as time went by, I got used to it.

I look in the mirror with satisfaction before I grab my bag and ran towards the door. When I reached for the doorknob, the doorbell rang. I opened up the door and saw Connor on my doorstep. His flattering smile made my heart skip a beat, something that I looked forward to every day.

"Good morning Connor!"

"Good morning (F/N)." I look behind Connor's shoulder to see that the taxi we usually get on to is not in front of the apartment.

"Where's the taxi?" I asked

"Oh, I saw that it was a nice weather outside so I decided to pick you up and walk to the department instead."

W-walking with Connor to work?!

I almost felt my soul come out and reach heaven.

"(F/N)?" Connor snapped me back to reality and stepped in a little closer.

"Huh?"

"Do you want to walk? It's ok if you don't want to. I can call the taxi if you wa-"

"No, it's fine. I would love to walk with you." I give him a big smile.

Connor's POV

When she stepped out of her apartment, the light hit (F/N)'s face, which made her look like an angel.

Gosh, she looks beautiful.

I wanted to tell her that, but I didn't know when to say it. Hank taught me to compliment girls, but he never taught me when to say it.

Then I thought of something.

"(F/N), do you want to go to a cafe and get some coffee?"

"Wouldn't Hank get mad if we didn't come to the department on time?" She asked, with a tiny little frown on her face.

"I think he won't be here until noon probably. He went to the bar yesterday and told me that he had a migraine so he probably won't even come to wo-." My head starts to hurt and Amanda comes up in my mind.

"Connor, stay focused. There's very little time."

Amanda goes away and my head feels a lot better.

"Oh my god, Connor, are you ok?"

She, was worried about me?

My plastic face started to feel hot, which didn't make sense to me because the external temperature has not changed whatsoever.

"I'm fine, let's get to the ca-"

"I think your system is overheated. Let's get you to the department." Her voice sounded a little sad, but she still gave me a small smile.

~At the department

"You're right, Hank is still not here." I sit on the empty seat that was right in front of (F/N).