Chapter 3

I headed back to my dorm room and layed down on my bed. My school mates think I'm not cripple. They're going to attempt to fight me. People could die.

Here's how I'm thinking this: If I don't fight back, they're still going to beat me until I give in and fight back and reveal my true self, or I die trying to protect everyone else. It's a selfish act, but if I attack back, I lose and someone else may lose because I could kill them and my true identity is revealed, but if I don't fight, only I will lose because I could die. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation.

I sighed. What was I supposed to do. I went to sleep and hoped I had an answer soon.

I woke up and sat up in my bed. I hesitated on going to school because I didn't know what to expect. But I decided to get up, get ready, and head to school anyway.

I walked into the school entrance and didn't see anyone around. Were they planning on attacking this early? I honestly have no idea what to expect.

I walked in and headed to class to find that the teacher wasn't there either. I sat down at my desk and found a note sitting on it.

"You're all alone in this fight, you have no chance of winning. Go back to where you came by the end of first period or meet your demise." I read the note aloud. I crumpled up the paper and threw it behind me. They have no right to do this. Do they really want me to dethrone the hierarchy?

I shook my head. "They're the once who have no chance. They may have numbers," I clenched my fist in the air and looked at it. "But I have the power." But you can't risk it... no, I have to. There can only be one winner, and if I take down the King first, it should all be over, right?

I got up and decided to head to the roof. I walked up the flight of stairs and as I got closer to the top, I heard more murmurs.

Do you think she'll be here?

Didn't her little friend, Toru warn her?

I saw her walking through the entrance gates.

Do you hear footsteps?

Could she be coming up here?

The King will take care of it right away.

What if she beats him?

That can't happen, even if she did have an ability, Kano will put her in her place.

I stopped in hopes they wouldn't hear me. I activated my ability and turned invisible. They may hear me, but they can't see me.

I walked up a little further and loudly kicked the roof door open and see everyone standing there, quickly turning their heads towards me, or I should say the doors suddenly opening like that.

"What was that?"

"Anyone there?"

"What's happening?"

I then saw Kano step up, arms folded, staring towards the door with his eyes glowing, meaning his ability is activated.

"Come on out, cripple, or I'll make you."

I hesitated. If he knows I'm here, then why is he calling me a cripple? I ran up to him, still invisible, and punched him right in the gut. He flew backwards as his peers caught him.

"Scardy cat? Come on out and face me." He wiped the blood that he spat out of his mouth.

I made myself visible and glared at him. "You won't be able to stop me."

He didn't budge at what I said, and tried to run at me, full speed and attempted to hit my jaw, but since I'm faster, I moved my head, grabbed his wrist, twisted it and bent it upwards. "Give up now."

He glared at me and smirked. Using his other arm, he swung and attempted to punch me in the gut, but I timed it perfectly to knee his arm, breaking it.

Wow, is he really getting beaten?

But no one can beat him.

I thought she was cripple?

Apparently not.

She looks malicious.

Her glare is so menacing.

Was she always like this.

What if she kills him-

Was she always like this? What if she kills him?

Those words echod through my head. What if I killed him... I had already stopped, Kano lying on the ground. I felt my eyes tearing up and I couldn't hold it back. I booked it off the roof and to my dorm. I sat down on my couch and cried for hours.