Epilogue Part I : The Mad Scientist

if you're satisfied with the current ending, i suggest for you to not read the epilogue. but if you want to know what happened next, feel free to read the epilogue parts :')

---

EPILOGUE PART II
The Mad Scientist

| ?'s point of view.

"And so that's what happened. Amazing, right?"

Slowly, I eyes opened my eyes. The brightly lit ceiling made me squint. After a few seconds, my vision finally adjusted to the light.

I raised one of my palms in the air and stared at it while my other hand combed my hair and picked my cheek lightly afterward.

Okay, this is real. I'm not dreaming anymore.

How long was I asleep? What time did I fell asleep last night again? Right, 5:00 am. Typical.

"Yoongi! Were you listening?"

Instead of a question, that sounded like a demand. I stood up straight, scratched the back of my neck and sighed.

"Shut up, you're just telling the whole story over and over, Hoseok. I can't help but to doze off."

"But you don't understand. Holly jumped from the chair, three times. Do you hear me? THREE TIMES."

"Dogs do that most of the time, and Holly is no exception. Wait, why are you obsessing over him again? I swear I'll sue you for dog abuse."

There were screams and shouts in the background as if the person holding the phone was jumping from couch to couch in a hurry. I sighed as I waited for him to reply.

"Hey, I just hug him around and raise him up like that monkey on the lion king did. I'm sure that's not abuse."

With a sigh, I just accepted his reason to be valid to not push the argument further. "So what's going on there?"

"I don't know what to tell actually. Why don't you come home and get informed on your own? Ever since graduation day you disappeared to who knows where. You only returned like... once? twice?"

"I told you I had to work on something," I pulled the phone away from me and yawned before continuing. "How about you, how's work?"

"Same as usual. Ah! I do have something to tell you. Complain actually. I never told you this before because I didn't think you would care. But I guess I should inform you now."

"How thoughtful of you."

A firm knock turned my attention away from the phone. I fixed my clothes and combed my hair nicely before walking to the door and entertain whoever was knocking.

"I tried complaining this to Namjoon but every time I do, he just laughs at me. Why is it that every time I--"

"Your test subject has awaken." said somebody with a mask covering half of their face. The person gave me a file before nodding and leaving the area.

"Ah, right. I have to go Hoseok."

"Wait what was that? What woke up?"

"It's a human being, don't treat it like a thing," I glared at the phone on loud speaker, hoping that my glare would somehow reach him. "What? Do you think I play around with explosives or something?"

"Isn't that what doctors sometimes pretend they are? You know, a mad scientist?"

"Point taken."