Chapter XLIII

Listen to Always Been You by Marie Hines

I wore a classic simple strapless gown of pale grey embroidered silk with an asymmetrical over panel revealing a less-heavily embroidered skirt. My hair falls down my back smoothly, the curls were foamed luxuriously and as for my makeup, it was minimal reserved for a sweep of mascara. I licked the bottom of my lips to give it a little shine before applying a matte reddish pink onto my lips.

I looked at my own reflection in the mirror for a last look and I smiled before grabbing my bag and my phone from the table and I left my bedroom. I enter the living room and saw my mother's friends, wearing their bridesmaids' dresses.

"Oh my god! Hailey Felicity Jones, you look just like your mother. So beautiful, " Amanda, my mother's best friend said as I smiled at her, thanking her for the compliment she gave me.

"You look great Hailey, " Amelia says as I smile at her and giving her a hug after.

"You don't look bad yourself, " I said as she mockingly sways her hips from side to side as she twirls around and smiles.
She points the bouquet of pink and white roses at my face as I gave her a questioning look.

"Who did your makeup? Was it your mom's makeup artist? Because if it is, I love the eye makeup, " Amelia says as I smile at her and as I roll my eyes.

"No, it was me, " I told her and her jaw drops. She drops the roses on the floor as she touches my face, awestruck by the makeup I did.

"Teach me!"

"Amelia. I just used a pink eyeshadow color and added some champagne eyeshadow color. It's that simple, " I told her as I chuckle and she rolls her eyes at me as she smirks.

My mom's bridesmaid left her room and we both waited for my mom to leave her own room. And soon enough she decides to leave the room and she appears in front of us with a stunning look. Her dress was unique and simple. The white elegant fabric stretches onto the floor with a touch of lace designs at the bottom of the dress. I look at her eyes and I can see the way it sparkled, she was happy and I knew that it also made me happy.

The bridesmaids, flower girls and I stared at my mom and some of them started clapping their hands. I walked towards my mom and gave her a hug, "You look beautiful."

"Picture time!" Lorraine shouts as the bridesmaids started gathering towards us, posing for the picture. "Smile, you guys!"

After the first batch of bridesmaids with me and my mom's picture, the second batch of bridesmaids, together with the flower girls joined in to take a memorable picture with us.

After the last shot, we hear a knock on the door as Amelia looks at the peephole. She opens the hotel room door as the event organizer poked her head inside the room to look at my mom, "You are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen, " she says.

"Thank you, Ashley, " My mom says as she smiles at her.

"So, are you guys ready?" Ashley, the event organizer looks at all of us as we nodded our heads. "Are you ready Ms. Bernadette?" my mom nods her head as we all smiled. "Alright, let's start. Bridesmaids first then flower girls and of course, the daughter and the bride to be."

We all left the hotel room as I waited for my mom outside and for all the bridesmaids and flower girls to leave first, my mom soon walks out as Ashley closes the room. "Ready?" I asked my mom and she smiles at me. She nods her head and we start walking towards the elevator.