Chapter 15 - The Ball.

So we ended up going to the party and like I thought it would be..

It was goddamn boring as hell!

Well.. Only quite cause there are indeed snacks and champagne here and those odd wines that tastes weird.

George and I just followed Robert here inside, we don't even know everyone inside this ball.

"Uhm.. Robert?"

"Yes? Dear Karen, what is it?"

"Could you introduce me to some of the people here I want to know some names."

Well in reality I just want him to talk to me and be closer to the point that he trusts us and we trust him.

By that I mean talking to him almost every minute.

"Okay? Follow me."

I smiled and followed him.

----

Well. Some people we're divine, they we're kind and all and I've got some names. Like Lily, Samantha, Damascus, Aurora, Bill and Skyler but most of the people I can't remember or can't pronounce..

Like Robert introduced to to a fine young lady called....

Lexchadhusmucusshîyus Hernodawson.

Yes.

Holy shit of a name.

I can't even imagine having a name that long. What if she has to take a test? The test would be over but she's still filling up her name.

Lmao.

So yeah that went fine and all. Robert and I danced for a couple of times. While Georgie here looks at us clearly annoyed and frustrated. God I know he likes me.

I gave myself a mental note to dance with him later.

Well dancing wasn't that hard it was okay. Luckily Robert was an amazing dancer and we danced smoothly and all.

After a good twenty minutes I asked George to dance with me.

He sucked. He literally stepped on my foot every goddamn time and it was starting to hurt. So we only danced for two times and we called it a dance.

"Oh my goodness, you don't dance don't you?"

"Not at all, yes." He said.

"Bloody hell." I whispered to myself.

I was obviously tired and all but I think I saw someone familiar...

Is that?

Oh.

Is it? Is it?

I was shocked.

How can that person be here?

"Gretta?" I said shockingly.

"K- Karen?" She said, completely shocked too.

"It's you!" I said pulling her into a nice hug which she responded.

"I miss you, dear Gretta."

"I miss you too, dear friend."

"What happened?" I asked.

She didn't respond so I continued.

"I thought you we're supposed to land on the Cape Colony? What happened?"

"Well... I did went to South Africa but then I escaped. I followed a man and I told him my situation and he helped me. He even let me stay on his house for a couple of days and he gave me a small house near his. Isn't he so nice?"

"God! Gretta, that's amazing dear Gretta."

I promise myself that if I see Gretta again I will bring her to 2018. She deserves to live there. She could be a good journalist..

But I have to explain this to her though.

"Gretta. Why don't you stay with me?"

"I would love to, Karen but you see I already have a house."

"Please? Dear Gretta."

"Oh, how can I resist! You're too kind and you're my only friend! Fine I'll join you."

"Great!" I said happily.

----

So I convinced Robert to let Gretta stay in, he was okay with it.

God, he's not only good-looking but he's also a kind young man.

So in this time of period. It has been 2 months since we started to live here in Robert's semi large house and we are leaving in three days, I'll also convince Gretta to join me and George to go back in 2018.

I also told Gretta my mission and she wouldn't believe it but eventually I showed her the pen that sends message and sent a meesage and got a reply and showed it to her.

"What did it say, dear Karen?"

"Susan said to go fuck myself and do my job. He also said that the date there is September 2nd of 2018."

"Who's Susan?" She asked.

"Robert's great great grandson."

"Whoa! That's amazing. But what is the word fuck?"

"Eh.. It's.. It's just a saying in the future don't worry it's nothing important."

"Okay."

"But Gretta. After we give Robert the diamonds, I want you to come with me.. To the future, to the year 2018."

She was hesitant at first but she soon agreed to come with me.

"O-Okay, dear Karen. But that is a very different position for me. You see 1870 and 2018 has a large year gap. How can I catch up to society?"

"Don't worry I'll teach you." I said to her smiling.

"Oh you're the best, Karen!"

"I can't wait to buy you a phone."

"Wait what's a phone?"

So we spent our evening talking about my life in 2018 and some of the technology and high tech stuffs.

And that was it.

George was downstairs talking to Robert. I guess they're kind of friends now and we should. We're trusting the diamonds to him.

How this plan works.

But right now, my mission is to brong Gretta to my period of time.

I still have a second mission.