25

Chaos, screaming, laughing. Hermione was in an overwhelm of emotions.

Although it wasn't exactly her that killed Dumbledore, she felt like she had. Well she was responsible for it.

She took a deep breath. This was how her life was going to be now.

She looked up at Draco who was still gaping  at where Dumbledore stood just a minute ago.

The dark mark was shot up in the air again, signaling that we had done what the dark lord asked.

Then it hit her. She would never be able to talk to Dumbledore, hear his speeches which were sometimes rather odd but made her laugh as well, he was gone. Just like that.

"Out of here, quickly" Snape snarled grabbing Malfoy by the scruff of his neck making Hermione follow. They death eaters raced down the stairs.

Her mind was blank, her legs were simply carrying her.

The cackling of Bellatrix was followed by the crashing of plates and cups. She laughed and kicked every single plate off the table. How old was she, 5? Hermione thought in disgust.

"Petrifus Totolus" a death eater shouted making a thump sound of a body on the floor. It was a professor, making Hermione cringe.

Crash, Boom!

The sound made Hermione turn around to see the damage. The glasses of the dining hall had broken in pieces and were falling on the group like hail. The glistening of the glass reflected lights everywhere, almost taunting her.

This is all your fault

The wind from the destruction blew into her face, making her whimper. A drop of tear escaped her eyes but was quickly covered up by her hand furiously wiping it.

"I'm sorry" she whispered an apology, to the students and to the professors.

Draco stood beside her, unable to say anything, but he knew, this was wrong.

"What are you doing, let's go!" a death eater shouted making her legs move again.

Memories of Hogwarts played in her brain. Her first class at hogwarts, her first time visiting the Library, her first time kissing Draco, her first time eating  at the dining hall. Memories, and she wouldn't be able to make more. 

The grass tickled her foot as they ran to the trees of the forbidden forest.

Then a scream of anger made the two turn around.
"He trusted you!" Harry shouted.

"Go, go!" Snape instructed making the two move once again.

"Fight back you coward, fight back!" She heard Harry yell. Although it wasn't directed to her, she flinched. She was a coward. She wasn't a nice pure blood Slytherin, she was just a coward who became a death eater.

A gust of hot air burned her eyes as the fire danced on Hagrid's hut.
"Oh no" she cried.

She wanted to run. She was too embarrassed, of herself.

"You two, go!" Snape warned.

Lights from the death eater's wand brightened the forest, but the cackling from them made it darker.

Bodies were flying on the floor, but she couldn't exactly tell who was who.

"Where are we going?" Draco shouted angrily. Angry at himself, he was so close in keeping Hermione safe. Angry for being a coward.

"To the Malfoy Manor!" A death eater shouted back.