The hideaway of confessions (then)

At the morning I wake up not feeling very well, I have an anguish inside my chest that don't leave me, I don't have the strength or the will to wake up. I look at myself, my hair is loose and I'm wearing the gown I was night before, I turn to the side and find Nicolae sleeping at my side on the bed, he's wearing the garments of the night before too. I drag myself towards him and cuddle in is chest. he gives a low grow and moves a little as he wakes up, then he hugs me pulling me closer to him, and I sink my nose in the hollow of his shoulder.

Nicolae: Are you alright?

I don't answer him, I'm feeling so vulnerable right now that I'm afraid that my words betray my state of mind. that dream brought up one of the worse moments of my life.... The dark hour that I was sure my whole family was gone and frightened of being burned alive inside the trapdoor, as my house was consumed in flames.

Nicolae: I'm so sorry vee...

He sits up pushing me to do the same and takes my head with his both hands. I draw back a little, afraid that he will try to alter my mind about the memory, to make me forget.

Nicolae: calm down, sweetheart I won't do anything I promise.

I stop fighting and let him hold my head he gives me a kiss on the forehead and raises my head so he can look at me in the eyes.

Nicolae: how about we spent the day together? we could do anything you want.

I nod sadly I'm still in shaken, but in face with his attention I feel a little happier. he looks at me kindly and gives me suave kiss on my lips and stand up beckoning me to stand too.

Nicolae: let's go have breakfast.

I smile at him mischievously.

Evee: are you going to drain someone this morning?

Nicolae: I see you're already coming back to normal, let's go you little minx.

After the breakfast we decide to go riding, that always helps me clear my mind. arriving at the barn I go towards Ebony and kiss his forehead.

Nicolae: Is it normal to be jealous of a horse?

Evee: well I do love him better.

He moves forward to touch Ebony.

Nicolae: it's a beautiful horse.

Evee: I think so too, father gave him to me on my 20th birthday.

Nicolae runs his hands through my hair undoing the hairdo and running until the end of my locks with a mesmerized smile on his lips. I don't like people touching my hair that's why I do it myself, but when he does that it's enjoyable.

Nicolae: you should wear it loose more often; your rebel waves are way too beautiful to be tied like that.

Evee: I'll think about it.

who am I kidding? I'm surely never going to tie my hair anymore. I hope he didn't heard that, but he doesn't seem to as he starts to take the horses outside.

Nicolae: can I mount on him?

Evee: good luck with that not even dad could...... what?

Before I finish my sentence he Nicolae climbed on ebony who peaceful accepted. I can't believe This! ebony Never allowed anyone but me mount on him before! I fulminate Nicolae and the traitor with my glance. Nicolae burst out laughing.