Chapter 7

AnnaBelle

I was surprised when I had gone asleep on the first try, probably because of my exhaustion caused by Harry and his antics that scared me to no end, even just by him being near me I was on edge. The only problem with sleeping at Harry's house seemed to be the fact I had to sleep in his bed, something that made me want to dig my back further into the mattress and hide under the covers, hoping they'll suck me in and find an escape from Harry's house and more specifically, him.

It felt like a lifetime had gone by with just me sleeping, when I faintly heard Harry enter the bedroom, struggling to change or do whatever he was doing through the darkness. Soon enough, the mattress beside me shifted and I was no longer sleeping peacefully at the edge of the bed, no, I was wide awake in the middle, Harry's arms around me and the feeling of his bare skin rubbing up against the clothes I was wearing as he got comfortable.

"Please let me go." I had originally planned on remaining silent and pretending to be asleep, but I just couldn't take it. The pants I was wearing bunched up a bit towards the ends, leaving my ankles bare where the socks weren't covering. I could feel Harry's legs touching mine, one of them resting over my two legs to keep me in place, and I knew that he didn't have pants on, either shorts — which was highly unlikely — or the inevitable, boxers, making him more than half naked.

"Go to sleep." Harry either had selective hearing or chose not to answer my plea, either way I was still trapped enveloped in his long arms and legs.

"I, I can't." I whispered, feeling the sudden urge to cry.

"I know, baby, but I'm not giving you those medications, they're dangerous." Harry kissed my cheek, his face so close to mine that he barely had to move. He thought that I couldn't sleep because of that, where in reality, it was because of him.

"Please, just let me go." I honestly didn't know what I meant; let me be free, or just stop touching me, but either way, I wanted them both more than anything in the world.

"This is how we always sleep, Bell, there's no difference. You love it when I hold you like this." Harry murmured, his hands lowering to the hem of the sweatshirt I wore as he seemed tired yet not that tired. "But, don't even bother trying to run while I'm asleep, the door's locked." His hands went under the sweatshirt, touching my bare back and slowly rubbing it up and down like I were a young child.

I squirmed in Harry's arms, once again feeling the need to let all of the tears I'd been gracefully holding in run down my face. I knew my eyes were red, but so was my whole body, red and purple with hickeys everywhere.

"Harry?" I whispered quietly, frightened when his hand reached the back of the bra strap on my back and fumbled with it. "P-Please stop." I was entirely begging Harry to stop whatever he was doing. I was forced onto my side, facing Harry, although he was higher up on the bed so I was faced with what I believed to be his chest, I couldn't tell through the dark.

Harry puffed a sigh of impatience and moved his hand back down to my waist, allowing me to breathe out a heavy puff of air in relief. "Just go to sleep, Bell, it's too late for you to be awake." I knew that it probably wasn't even past midnight quite yet, so it really wasn't actually late, but I didn't protest like I would've done if I weren't so freaked out by Harry.

The only problem with following Harry's requests was actually getting to sleep, something I couldn't seem to do. Eventually, Harry's breathing grew irregular and uneven, proving he was dead asleep despite the tight grip he maintained smoothly around my body. Every time I tried to break free from his body, he'd tighten his arms around me and his legs over mine would suddenly grow heavier, pinning me to the bed.