(6)

Parker's POV

"Dude, you ok?" Aiden asks.

"Yeah" I say.

"You sure? You look....I don't know. Distant?"

"I've just got a lot on mind" 

"Is it about Zoey?"

"Who-yeah it's about Zoey"

"What's going on?"

"Zoey isn't Zoey"

"Like, she lied to about who she is...?"

"No. I lied to you guys about Zoey is. I want to tell you who she is but I can't do that to her"

"Can't do what? What's the big deal?"

"I can't tell you. It's not even that serious. We haven't even gone on a date or even talked about us. I am being so over dramatic about this, we kissed once. That's it"

"So take her on a date. If you don't want anyone finding out who she actually is yet, take her out of the city. Just a reminder, you're gonna have to tell Carson who she actually is when you go on a double date next week"

"Ugh I forgot about that"

"I gotta get home but you should talk to her"

"I will. Thanks"

"No problem" he says and leaves my house. I get out my phone and call Ben.

Ben: Hey
Me: Hey. Can you come over?
Ben: Not right now
Me: Please? It's kind of important?
Ben: I've got to deal with my dad
Me: What's going on?
Ben: He's just a little drunk. I'll see you at school tomorrow
Me: Ben, tell me the truth
Ben: I did. My dad is drunk. I've gotta deal with him

Me: Fine. Bye

Ben: Bye

What is he hiding? 

Ben's POV

I put down my phone and go to Zoey's room. I grab her suitcase and start throwing some clothes in it.

"Where are we going, Benji?" she asks.

"We're going to go stay a hotel. It has a pool. Wanna go swimming?" I ask.

"Yeah!"

I finish packing our bags and we walk down to the bus stop. Our dad was screaming and throwing things at us the entire way out the door. My mom and I had been saving money since as long as I can remember. I tried to get a job after she died but no one would hire me. I don't know why. We take a bus to a hotel that's near our schools. It's $100 a night. I have $1,212. We'll probably only stay here for a night or 2. I need the money so I can get an apartment for Zoey and I when I turn 18. We get the key to our room and before I can open the door I hear my name.

"Ben? What the fuck are you doing here?" someone asks. I turn around and see Carson. You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

"Fuck off, Carson. I'm not dealing with your shit right now" I say.

"You didn't answer my question, faggot"

"Hey! Stop it! That's a mean word!" Zoey yells.

"Who's that?" Carson asks surprised. I don't think he was expecting a 9 year old to yell at him.

"My sister" I say.

"My daddy says that to Benji all the time and Ben said he doesn't like it because it's mean" she says.

"Zo, shut up" I say.

"No! You said that daddy was allowed to hurt your feelings but nobody else was. He's not daddy so he can't hurt your feelings"

"Zoey Alison Hills. I said to stop" I say sternly. I look up at Carson, he looks so confused.

"Is that where you got that bruise from last week?" he asks.

"No. I fell. If you tell a single person what you heard I will kill you" I say and unlock the door.

"I'm sorry, Ben" Zoey says.

"It's fine" I say.

___________

Hey everyone. Sorry for the short chapter. I wasn't really sure what to do so.....yeah. I hope you enjoyed it anyways! Love you! Byeeeee!

XoXo
~Mel