PART I (Introduction)

I've always had a tick for stealing. Ever since I was a little kid, I would always snatch small things from around my father's mansion. From fancy looking pens that rested inside the marble cup on my father's desk to food from the kitchen that I was not allowed in, things would always find their way underneath my bed or underneath the garments in my dresser. However, when the Great Depression rolled around, my tastes in what I wanted to steal changed. It's not that I needed to steal, Lord knows. My family was always well-off, as my father ran one of the most prestigious fashion companies in the country. In 1930, I moved out and into my own apartment at 19, and had become a a rising actor through modeling for my father. It's obvious that I never needed anything more than what I already had- except the solace of doing something for those who needed it. Once I failed to accept that I was simply better off financially while there were other people struggling, I decided to do something more than dropping dimes in tin cans. This is when I began wearing a mask and boasting a gun. I became known as Chat Noir, and met someone who felt the same discontent as I did: Ladybug. I stole more than anyone in United States history, I fell in love, and I got in a whole mess of trouble.

-Adrien Agreste

June 2, 1958

***

Hey guys! If you like listening to music at all while you're reading, I highly suggest listening to the video above! :)