Twenty

The next day came quick and Raelynn was packing her things she needed. 'What even happened yesterday?' she thought. How awkward the next week would be didn't even cross her mind at this point.

"You excited to go home Zivon?" Rae asked her chameleon. He shook his little head. "It's not going to be that bad..." she paused. "Okay maybe it'll be a bit awkward..." she sighed, zipping up her suitcase and picking it up, as well as placing Zivon on her shoulder and getting her frying pan. "Okay now where is the blonde weirdo?"

"She's standing right behind you." Ceci's voice replied. Rae turned around, letting go of her suitcase and hugged Ceci, almost hitting her with the frying pan in the process.

"I'm gonna miss you, weirdo." she said.

"I'm going to miss you too!" Ceci said "I have to spend a week with my sister. A whole week!"

"I know, C. I have to spend a week with Grey and my parents... I think I win with the worst. It's going to be so awkward." Rae sighed.

"At least they won't be goading you about hallucinations." Ceci grumbled.

"At least you won't have to watch your family give death glares to the boy you like." Rae muttered, not really intending to say the 'like' part.

"Wait what?" Ceci pulled back. "Did I just hear that you like Grey?"

"What?" Rae's cheeks turned pink. "Well..."

"YOU DID SAY THAT!" Ceci exclaimed. "Finally!!"

"Cecilia! Shush!" Rae covered her friend's mouth with her hand.

"Sorry." Ceci said, her voice muffled. "Are you going to tell him?" Rae moved her hand away from Ceci's mouth.

"I don't know C. The best place to tell him maybe isn't my parents' castle. I don't even know if he'll feel the same..." Rae sighed. "We hugged last night but I don't know."

"I'm sure he does." Ceci said.

"How do you know that, C?" Rae asked. "He's not used to... 'feelings'... and with his enemy?"

"He wouldn't have reacted the way he had about the things you said if he didn't feel anything." Ceci pointed out.

"I don't know, C. I don't know." Rae sighed. "But we need to go."