Twenty Three

Dinner was awkward to say the least. The four of them were sat on a huge table that could fit twelve people, even though there were only four of them. Raelynn was sat on the left side next to Greyson, and Eugene and Rapunzel were sat opposite. A simple meal of hazelnut soup was being served.

"This soup is really good." said Greyson awkwardly, breaking the silence.

"Thank you." said Rapunzel quietly.

"Mom's hazelnut soup is great..." Rae commented, mumbling slightly. And that was the conversation for dinner. It wasn't until dessert that Eugene spoke up.

"Rae, darling is there something you need to tell us?"

"Uhm... no?" Rae looked at her dad, confused.

"What are you talking about?" Rapunzel asked.

"Our little girl has a boyfriend" Eugene said, kind of excitedly. Grey stiffed.

"Rae! why didn't you tell me?" Rapunzel said in shock.

"What?!" Rae exclaimed. "Mom, I didn't tell you because I don't have one... Dad what are you talking about?"

"Don't lie pumpkin. I saw that little scene in the parking lot." Eugene said.

"Who is he? Name, parent, likes, allergies, i need to know everything!" Rapunzel exclaimed excitedly.

"Calm down blondie." said Eugene. "Though you're not very blonde anymore."

"I can't help it!" Rapunzel said. "My baby has a boyfriend!"

"Excuse me." Grey muttered and stood up. He left the room without another word.

"What?" Rae shook her head. "I don't have a boyfriend!" her eyes widened and she froze realising. "Oh no..." she muttered, looking up as Grey left. She rested her head on the table and sighed.

"What?' asked Rapunzel.

"Dad... Carlos isn't my boyfriend. I got scared by a car honk and fell into him." Rae explained, her eyes not moving off the door. "Can I be excused?" Rapunzel looked at where her daughter was looking.

"Why are you going after him?"

"I-" Rae looked at her mother. "Because don't you think it's already awkward enough him having to be here? I just want to see if he's alright that's all..."

"That's not the full story is it?" Rapunzel said. "Go."

"Thank you..." Rae muttered, getting out of her seat and leaving the dining room. She quickly ran out of the castle and around the castle gardens around four times before she finally saw Greyson stood a few metres away from her, facing away.

"Grey!" she called, running up to him.

"What?" he said, harsher than she had ever heard him. "Come to brag about your new boyfriend?" he spun around to face her.

"I came to see if you were okay. Am I not allowed to do that without you going all cold on me?" Rae commented. "I don't have a boyfriend. Carlos is not my boyfriend. I tried to tell you and explain it was an accident but you wouldn't listen. You never do!"

"Well what do you expect?!" He exclaimed. "This shit keep happening! What do you want me to think?!"

"What shit keeps happening?!" Rae asked. "I didn't think I'd have to care what you think, I thought you'd at least believe me if I told you it wasn't true! Yeah I get it you're from the Isle. You don't trust. You don't feel. But I do!"

"When I tried to trust you, the first thing I see the next day is you cuddling up and kissing Carlos, which keeps happening!" He shouted. "What do you want me to think? You want me to admit that I don't feel shit? Because that's a fucking lie."

"The reason I was 'cuddled up' to Carlos because I was upset about you! The kiss was a fucking accident! How many times do I have to tell you?! I've tried, Grey. I've tried! But you don't care. You don't listen to me." Rae shouted.

"How am I supposed to know that when everything tells me otherwise?" he retaliated and stepped closer. "I do care! That's why it fucking hurts! Do you think I'm so emotionless that I wouldn't react badly seeing the girl I like kissing my friend?!?" Rae stood silently and stared at Grey for a while. She sighed and took both of his hands, slowly pulling him to sit down on a nearby bench, keeping his hands in hers.

"Flower gleam and glow..." she started to sing. "Let your power shine..." her necklace began to glow. "Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine..." Grey was confused at what was happening.

"What the..."

"Heal what has been hurt..." Rae continued singing. "Change the fate's design... save what has been lost..." she slowly leaned forward, closer and closer. "Bring back what once was mine..." she leaned in and gently pressed her lips to his, kissing him. Grey was shocked momentarily but responded eagerly, kissing her back. They kissed for a while before Rae slowly pulled away.

"What once was mine..." she sang in almost a whisper. Grey leaned his forehead against hers.

"Grey... I..." Rae paused and took a breath. "I'm sorry..."

Grey shushed her. "Just let me enjoy the moment before..."

"Before...?" Rae questioned.

"Before you break my heart." he whispered and kissed her again.