e i g h t e e n

To say I was angry would be an understatement.

I curled my hands into fists and glared at him.

"Anakin Skywalker, you are a dead man," I seethed, "how could you?!" I yelled at him, feeling tears prick my eyes in frustration.

He looked frightened at my reaction, but his eyes turned soft when he saw just how emotional I had become.

He moved too quickly for me to react and he wrapped me up in a hug.

I struggled for a moment before realizing that my attempts were futile.

I gave up and let my arms hang limply at my sides.

I put my face in his chest, not wanting to look at him.

"Verena, darling, I wasn't kidding," he began, "yes, I did say it because I knew it would get you to talk. But I was, and still am, entirely serious about it. I would love to marry you, if you'll have me."

He pulled back so he could look me in the eyes.

I was still visibly upset, but knowing that his confession wasn't a joke did improve my attitude.

I thought for a minute before responding, "Fine, I'll marry you, but I don't owe you any money." I cracked a smile, my mood significantly more positive.

He chuckled at my answer, "That's totally fine with me darling," he said before capturing my lips in a sweet kiss.

Our moment was interrupted by a loud beeping sound coming from the cock pit.

Anakin looked towards the direction it was coming from and grabbed my hand.

"We've officially arrived," he smiled at me before walking to land the ship with me in tow.

He took control and was about to land when I spotted ships in the distance.

They were unfamiliar to me so I decided to tell Anakin.

"Anakin, there are ships on the horizon," I pointed to about 7 ships in front of us.

He cocked his head, obviously not recognizing them either.

"Perhaps they're the transports Master Yoda told me about,"

"Transports? What transports?" I questioned, a little annoyed that he didn't bother telling me about them.

"They're carrying reinforcements, clone troopers, the ones we saw on Kamino. Master Yoda seems to be on board too, I can sense it."

He then turned the ship to follow the transports that had just gone past us.

After a few minutes of flying, a large arena was visible on the horizon.

It held thousands of spectators, all of whom were watching none other than Obi Wan fighting a large insect like creature.

The transports were dropping off hundreds of clone troopers into the coliseum, shooting at droids coming from inside the arena.

Anakin looked at me, "Verena, I've set this on auto pilot and it will land somewhere safe, I'll come get you after. Please don't leave, I love you." He finished quickly.

He then moved to pull me up from the chair I was sitting in and smashed his lips to mine before pulling away and pecking them again quickly. He ran to the bay door and jumped out just as the ship flew over the arena.

Once he was out the ship pulled back up and shot off in the distance.

I had to grab onto the chair to keep my balance.

I was still confused about what had just happened and a panic hit me once I realized that Anakin could die and there was nothing I could do about it.

Never before in my life had I ever felt so powerless.

I slumped into the chair in defeat, angry at myself for just letting him leave.

Every part of me wanted to turn the ship around and go to him, but unfortunately I was educated in public speaking and not piloting.

"Damnit," I whisper yelled, hitting my fist on the dashboard in frustration.

I felt the ship lowering and held onto the chair arms, bracing for impact.

The touchdown startled me, but I got up anyways.

I looked down through the glass panes and saw nothing but dirt and sand for miles.

Anxiety built up as I realized I was here completely alone with no means of protecting myself.

I sincerely hoped Geonosis didn't have their version of Tuscan Raiders.

Feeling dejected and bored, I moped around the ship looking for something to do.

I knew leaving would be the worst possible option, as I would be exposed to the heat and whatever unknown dangers lurking on this mysterious planet.

As much as I hate feeling like a cooped up princess waiting to be saved, I knew staying in the ship was the safest option.

**

Two hours had gone by and the sun was beginning to set by the time a message came through.

A red button flashed angrily, signaling that someone was transmitting a hologram.

I pressed it and stood up, fixing my skirts as I did so.

Yoda appeared in hologram form on the dashboard of the ship.

"Master Yoda, it's an honor," I said, bowing my head slightly to show respect.

"No need for that there is, only a message I have," he replied simply in his backwards language.

"Hurt young Skywalker and Master Kenobi are, troopers are on the way, help you they will." His hologram then faded out and disappeared.

A hand went to my mouth in shock, even though his diction was backwards and oftentimes confusing, I still understood what he was saying.

Anakin was hurt.

To what degree, I still didn't know, but I prayed it was something small and didn't cause him too much pain.

I slumped back into the chair, feeling like it was all my fault.

I wanted to cry, but I knew I had to be strong.

If the troopers saw me getting too emotional it might raise questions, and that was the last think Anakin and I needed right now.

Just as I had regulated my breathing, loud pounding came from the bay door.

Assuming that it was the troopers Master Yoda told me about, I opened the door.

My assumptions were correct and four cone troopers stood below me in the sand.

"Hello Senator, I'm Commander Cody," said the one with the yellow paintjob, "we're here to protect you and get you back safely to Coruscant,"

I simply nodded my head, "Thank you," smiling slightly at them, I turned to go back into the room I was previously sleeping in.

Closing the door behind me, I made my way to the bed and let sleep consume me.