Bonus chapter iii

"Why do I hear running?" Aspen asked, a scowl on her tired face. She was just about to rest only for her to be disturbed by heavy pounding upstairs.

"Kale stole my phone and is not giving it back!" 17 year old Kaira shouted back, chasing a laughing Kale around the house.

"Kale. Be the mature twin and hand back her phone. I need to rest for a while." Aspen sighed at the tactics of her 17 year old son. He was exactly like Kenneth when he was his age. Always too playful.

"But I saw her stalking our neighbor. He's not even good looking." Kale scoffed. "Sis you have really bad taste." He tsked with a grin.

"Oh." Kaira mockingly raised an eyebrow. "Like you know any better."

"I'm a man who's happily in a relationship. At least I don't stalk people." Kale smirked.

Kaira blushed a deep red. "Just shut up and give me my phone back you asshole."

"Wow. Who's cursing?"" Kenneth's voice rang in the house making the two fighting twins look at the door at their father.

"Dad!" Kaira grinned wide and ran to hug their father. "I didn't know you were coming today?"

"Yeah I didn't know as well." Aspen spoke up as well when she saw her husband standing in the doorway with a still charming grin on his face.

"It's a special day. Of course I have to come." Kenneth said, walking over to his wife and kissing her gently. It still brought butterflies in Aspen's stomach like the first time. Nothing ever changed.

"Ew gross." Kale scrunched up his nose but Kaira awwed. She loved her parents' relationship.

"You won't say it's gross when you kiss the love of your life Kale boy." Kenneth grinned and ruffled his son's hair.

"I don't remember anything about today. What is it?" Aspen asked next as they all made their way towards the living room.

Kenneth had been gone for a football game in Australia so they had no idea he was going to surprise them like that. But Aspen and the twins always loved it when Kenneth gave them small surprises once in a while. Today was no exception.

"Well today ma-"

Before Kenneth could reply, Kaira's phone went off making her snatch it away from Kale before he could comprehend what was happening.

She scrunched her face up cutely at the unknown number and picked it up.

"Hel-"

"Hello! Is this Dominoes? Yeah I need a la-"

"Uh it's not Dominoes." Kaira spoke making Kale and Aspen look at her in confusion while Kenneth smiled nostalgically.

"Are you shitting me right now?"

"It's your fault you dialled the wrong number. Why are you cursing at me?" Kaira scowled a little.

"Oh right. Sorry beautiful. Bye!"

Kaira blushed a little before looking at her phone then at the people around her. Kale and Aspen were still confused.

"Wrong Number'?" Kenneth asked, still smiling.

She nodded. "He was rude."

"Oh right. I remember." Aspen suddenly said, smiling brightly making Kenneth look at her like the first time he fell in love with her. He always loved her smile.

"I remember what day it is today." She giggled then kissed Kenneth on his cheek.

"What is it?" Kaira asked, excitedly. Kale was excited as well.

"You kids remember the story of how your mother and I met right?" Kenneth asked, looking at his two beautiful children.

They nodded.

"Today marks the 25th year when I accidentally dialled your mother's number." He grinned.

"Woah. It's been that long?" Kale asked, surprised.

"Of course. It's been long. It's been hard. But now I have the most beautiful family ever and the love of my life by my side. I wouldn't ever regret dialling the wrong number."

The night was spent with the Jones' family laughing and reminiscing about the past, about the present and their future. Family night was always the most fun for all of them.

After a few short hours, everyone said their goodnight's and retired to bed. Before Kaira could sleep, her phone blowed up again.

She answered it with confusion.

"Hello?"

"Hey beautiful."

"Oh. You're the guy from before. And stop calling me that."

"I can't. Not that I heard your voice. I'm so glad I dialled the wrong number."

Kaira blushed and quickly hung up. She could almost feel the grin in that voice.

a/n : this is officially the end of 'The Wrong Number'. I just wanted to give a little insight of their family. He he. Anyways thank you all for the amazing live and support for this book. 😭💕 I'm so grateful. You guys are lovely and beautiful. Thank you. 💜

P.S: thank you once again! 💜

P.P.S: should I make a sequel of this story? If yes, whom should I make it of?

i. Kaira?

ii. Kale?