Part 14: Love Hurts

Heyo everyone! I hope you're all well!
Here's another chapter because I just couldn't let you hang any longer.

Let me know what you think :)

The weeks went by slowly at times but quickly at others and before I knew it I had been working at Lu's for a month. Isaac and I were better, in the sense of the word, these past two and a bit weeks, only arguing three or four times and making up pretty quickly and easily. I had grown to live with the idea of Kim always being around now. After all, wasn't it the same with Dan and I being so close? I suppose it was different since Dan and Isaac had been friends for so long as well but it's all relative. I realised that it was unfair for me to have these feelings about Kim when Isaac is trying to change his ways to not be so controlling over my life.

I had thrown it in Isaac's face at one point that all his friends - Dan and Alyssa - were my friends. If he were to ever betray me in the way that he was so worried I would betray him, they would certainly follow me. That got him to shut up for a good four days. I regretted it a bit but I knew it was the truth so there wasn't much I could do about it. Mum always said it's better to speak the truth even if it hurts someone than it is to hurt them with a lie. To me, it seemed as though the truth hurts more and can a more disastrous effect but then again, the truth is always better than a lie.

We argued still on a regular basis but they weren't as explosive as they usually were. I knew he was trying to change and that made me feel both good and bad. He shouldn't have to change for me but I didn't want him to have such a controlling attitude towards the girl he was with next... if that wasn't me.

I hated arguing but now it just seemed to be normal conversation. Almost every time we spoke to each other, even if it was just about the weather it would some how to turn into an argument.

Nights were a bit more heated as of late and I think after the night he took me to the restaurant on the pier we realised how easy it was to connect through sex. Probably wasn't healthy in terms of keeping our relationship stable but it gave us a way to connect that we couldn't through talking.

I didn't want to think about long term too much though. The longer we were getting 'better' the more time I had to think over the whole situation. Who knows, maybe hings would turn out for the better.

I didn't want to break up with him but I wasn't happy and I didn't want to live my life forever wishing if changed things. Maybe even a break would do us some good.

As for Dan, well, he'd been noticing Alyssa more now that he knew about her feelings, and I prayed to god that he was developing feelings for her. I knew she would freak if she found out he supposedly liked her so I made sure not to say anything until my suspicions were confirmed. That's us, if they ever were confirmed.

Lucy had grown a centimetre and a half and she was proud of it, as was I. I found myself adoring her in the same way I love my little brothers. Although, they're not so little anymore. She'd let slip a few more details about her parents and from what I'd gathered from the little pieces of information she'd told me, she spent most of her time with her dad. I hadn't heard her speak much about her mum, only that she'd had Lu when she was 19, or at least, that's what Lu thought. I hadn't heard from Standard for about a week and a half so I figured that he was pleased with how I was going.
At least seeing Lu gave me something to do during the days rather than spend all my time doing nothing or watching netflix.

"I'm sick of having cereal for breakfast," She grumbled one morning as I passed her a bowl, spoon, milk and Special K.

"Hey, if you want pancakes you've got the whole box to finish," I said nonchalantly as I cleaned up the kitchen.