Chapter 12

Yoongi's POV

I couldn't believe myself. Here I stood, right outside Namjoon's office, ready to beg him not to sell that kid off.

Why, you may ask?

I wasn't entirely sure myself but after seeing how broken he looked and the fact he could hardly stand nor walk on his own two feet...I just couldn't bring myself to watch him go through anymore suffering.

'What the hell is wrong with me?! Why am I acting like this?!' I heave in a sigh, collecting my thoughts carefully. With one swift movement of my fist, I rattle the wooden door before hearing a 'come in.'

I enter inside, spotting our leader as usual at his desk. A pair of dark shades covering his orbs since he never liked to give away his full face, especially since he was a gang leader. He always prefers hiding his appearance, even if only a few of us have ever seen his eyes...very little are still alive to tell the tale.

Namjoon has been my longest friend compared to the others. He was the very one who save me from my abusive parents. For that, I'm forever in debt to him even if that meant I became a serial killer that soon came to enjoy his work.

"Ah Yoongi, what can I do for you?" He questions. I notice one of his brows were raised. I clear my throat, unable to look him in the face. My eyes end up wandering down to my feet instead. "I-uh...need to speak with you."

"Oh? About what?" He gestures for me to take a seat which I do, slowly. "It's about that...kid." I state quietly, not daring to look up to see his expression.

"What about him?" He asks after a short period of silence settles over us.

"I was wondering...if you could maybe hold off on the whole 'selling him to human trafficking?' He's doing a great job cleaning the house and we could just keep him as our maid." I ramble on a bit too fast, ashamed that I was letting my emotions get the best of me. 'I have never let my emotions take over my actions and words before...not since I was a kid anyway.'

Namjoon seems taken back by my proposition, his lips form into a straight line. Silence takes over us once again.

"Tell me..." He slowly trails off, his hands clasped over his paperwork as he leans forward. "You wouldn't possible be falling for him, would you?"

"No!" I answer a little too quickly for either of our likings. "...I don't like him." I look down, avoiding his stare. He nods, "Good. Because you know how I feel about that, we don't want a repeat on what happened last time again, do we?"

My mind floods back to the memories from before as I shake my head. "No." I mumble, making Namjoon bob his head once more.

"I hate any kind of relationships happening. Anyone 'falling in love' with the hostages whether that be one of my members or the person kidnapped. It sickens me. They're here to be taken, beaten, either sold on or killed. Nothing more!" His voice slightly raised by the end of his sentence.

I keep my mouth firmly shut, unable to disagree with him.

"Now if that's all you wanted to talk about?" He questions further, incase I have anything else I would like to add.

"Yes." I say briskly before getting up and leaving.

Once back outside in the long hallway, I lean my head on the door, breathing heavily. 'Sorry I couldn't stop it...wait! Why do I honestly even care?!? I've never acted like this before. I've never had these kinds of emotions before so why now?'

I brush it off. 'Focus Yoongi! You're a cold hearted killer, a monster, that's all you are!'

I saunter back upstairs to my room, expecting for it to be clean by now but when I get there, it was still messy...and a certain someone was gone.

"Shit!" I curse under my breath as I move back out into the hallway right when I hear a rather spine-chilling screech.

For once in my life, I was petrified. That same emotion I used to feel whenever my parents would beat me half to death.

My fists come crashing down onto Jungkook's locked door, begging to be let in. I could hear the kid's painful cries, a sound like clapping could be heard.

I wanted in, I wanted to save him.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
But I couldn't get in since Jungkook locked the door.

"Please." I whisper, my forehead pressing against the wooden door while tears form around my pupils.

A single drop falls.

And then another.

And another, till eventually, my face is dripping with hot salty liquid. I drop to my knees, my back now to the door as I listen to the kid's screams and for once...I didn't like the sound, I wanted it to stop.

Eventually, the kid stops crying. I took a guess that he might have passed out or Jungkook stuck something in his mouth to gag him.

I couldn't help but repeatedly hear the sound over and over again in my head. 'He sounded like he's in a lot of pain.'

The door to the room comes flying open all of a sudden, causing me to fall into the room, flat on my back. I look up to see a grinning Jungkook, a pair of black boxers and a white tee thrown over his sweaty body. His brunette hair sticking to his forehead while he carries a white fluffy towel, obviously heading for a shower.

"Were you listening?" His head cocks to the side, the smirk still openly taunting me to stab him.

I get to my feet, grabbing a fist full of his shirt before bringing him close to my face. "If you ever, and I mean EVER! Hurt that boy again, so God help me!! I will end you and don't think I wouldn't because we both know I will!!!" I pause, letting this opportunity be my time to smirk. "And I wouldn't think twice about it!" I hiss viciously through gritted teeth next to his ear.

Jungkook appears unaffected but his eyes say differently. He was scared, no terrified as he scurries off for his shower.

I take this time to move closer to the small boy laying across the bed. The sheets were covered in a mixture of cum and blood. His eyes were shut, his bare chest rising and falling slowly, indicating he's asleep.

'Tch, he didn't even have the decency to put clothes back on him.' I thought, picking up the kid's frail body gently before moving him into my room. I grab him a pair of boxers, a grey zip up and some black sweatpants. I quickly dress him, trying my best to not gawk at his body.

'His skin is so soft...What the hell am I even saying?!'

Once dressed, I place him underneath the covers as I watch him quietly. He appears so small, so vulnerable. it breaks my heart how destroyed he looks.

I reach out a hand, hesitantly lingering it over his cheek before slowly stroking it. I feel funny when I touch him. A burning sensation courses through my hand and travels up my arm, making my heart palpitations increase.

'Why the fuck am I like this?!'