Tony Stark | Marriage Anniversay

*I just saw my grandparents sitting outside, playing a game. I couldn't help but wish I'd find a love like theirs someday*

You looked at your husband, who you've married 24 years ago.
Exactly 24 years ago. Today was your anniversary day. Over the years you didn't do as much as you used to in the earlier days.
Earlier days, as in the days when he got you one car after the other, or the one time he actually bought a building for you.
It took you a long time for you, to convince Tony you loved him for being Tony, and not for his money, his company or being Iron Man. Well a little for being Iron Man, but it's just one of the many things you love him for.

After all these years you still got him flowers anyways and he got you your favorite candy. You ate cake outside in the garden, listening to classic rock on the radio.

You chuckled.

"What?", asked he smiling.

"Nothing", you replied, trying to hide your grin.

"I know that smile, that's not nothing. You're thinking something. Come on, I wanna know", he was right, he could read you like an open book by now.

"Really it's nothing, I just remembered our first date. I just wanted to have a nice walk, but you spotted that huge chessboard in the middle of the park. You wanted to play so badly... I had to teach you... God, you were so terrible", you laughed at the face Tony pulled.

He feigned being hurt.
"I was a natural. I could beat you easily."

"Yeah, but as far as I remember, I played from the beginning without both of my rooks and my queen so you had a sporting chance, love. And I still won.
I honestly expected more from a genius like you", amused you chuckled.

"Fortunately I got better over the years, I could beat your ass easily now", he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Oh I see how it is. Alright, the game is on, my friend!", you stood up and got the chess set from the house.

What you didn't notice, because you faced Tony with your back, was how he still looked at you the way he did 24 years ago. Still checking you out from behind, barely comprehending why you chose him, and stayed with him for all those years.
Pure love and affection for you warmed his chocolate-brown eyes.

*a/n
I kinda didn't want to publish this one, but because of the trailer release etc.... wtff this is bad guys :'D

Also, thank you so much for all the stars, adding to your reading playlists etc!
I appreciate any form of feedback.
It means a lot guys🙏*