Chapter ♞ 1: I Don't Like Change

A/N

Y/D/C = Your Dream College (If you don't have one just use a random noun, and add college at the end.)

-

"I don't understand how X would equal 11... that's impossible because then Y wouldn't be able to equal 7!" You yelled at Harhiu. Frustration was dominating you at the moment.

"Here's the problem. You never added this to Y then never subtracted one. Rookie mistake." Haruhi joked. She still managed to be decent with you even though you argued with her for nearly 30 minutes over math. This subject was never your strong-suit, but you needed to keep your grades up.

You had to stay at Ouran in order to achieve your dream... you had a better chance at getting into the college you wanted if you could say you graduated from that high school. Y/D/C had always been your dream, and it would mean the world just to get a glimpse of what it was like to go there, even for just a day...

"So Haruhi, I have a quick question... Are you almost over the whole cross-dressing phase?" You questioned as you sat your pencil down.

You and Haruhi had frequent study dates since you lived in the same apartment building. Well you use to, at least. Ever since she had some people go over her place once, it was a surprise if she came over even twice a week. All you know was that it had something to do with a bunch of seemingly random boys, who were somehow always present.

"It's not a phase." She stated as she leaned back and stretched.

"But it's weird, you only do it at school! And every study hall you go away to who knows where! Like right now, you're wearing girl's clothes, but at school it's a completely different persona."

"Just drop it Y/N. Look, you've been my best friend for awhile but this is something that I owe. Once it's over with I'll tell you everything, I promise."

"Why does everyone think you're a boy?! I don't talk to the other girls either because when I try to tell them you're a girl too, they laugh and tell me you're not."

"Do you want some tea Y/N-chan ?" Haruhi suggested as she got up and stretched her legs as well.

"You can't just drop the subject!" You scoffed, as you folded your arms in protest.

"Y/N I don't wanna talk about, and if you want to I'll just leave and take my math skills with me." She turned to you and smiled, which was actually a threat. Of course she was joking, but you could tell it was an uncomfortable subject for her, so you unwillingly dropped it.

"Green tea please Haru-chan."You huffed.

"Hey Y/N, do you still jog early in the morning?" Haruhi asked randomly.

"Uh no... I've been having troubles with my studies so time is of the essence. Every free bit I get goes into studying for the next test, or assignment." You admitted.

Haruhi walked back over to you and sat down, after she put the water to boil in the teapot, on.

"Why didn't you say something earlier?! I would've totally helped you out more!" She said honestly surprised.

"Well you been busy being a guy... You don't exactly have any 'us' time anymore."

"Yeah, really sorry about that, but change happens. It'll all be over next year."

"Yeah, well I don't like change." You sighed.

"Hu-" Haru stopped when her cell phone began to ring. She grabbed it from the edge of the table, but not before you caught a glimpse of the name.

Who's Hikaru? A boyfriend?

"Hey!" Haruhi beamed into the phone.

"Tamaki what?!" She said surprise, as her expression changed.

"Tell him I'm not his little girl and that I already have a dad..."

"I don't care if it was for me! I'll be there in a second."

She hung up the phone and sprang up. Haruhi began packing her bag, which was really just shoving her school supplies into her backpack.

"Y/N sorry about this but I really have to go. My idiot friend Tamaki tried to make a shrine of me and almost burnt his house down... he's sulking in a corner growing mushrooms again..."

No longer in the mood to try and pry info from Haruhi you said your good-byes and watched as she left.

Your only best friend was leaving you again, alone. Tomorrow you had to face more obnoxious rich snobs that thought you didn't know what coffee beans were.

You weren't as dumb as a doorknob!

And you actually preferred some of the common food you ate instead of the expensive and gourmet entrees they served.

After cleaning up the mess of pencil shavings and eraser shreddings, you thought that was enough studying for the night.

You placed everything in your room and sighed before turning out all the lights and plopping down onto your bed.

Math had hurt your head a lot...

Before you knew it you were fast asleep, thinking of Haruhi and if you two would be best friends again.

Totally forgetting about the tea.

-

Chapters for this story will generally be short since for my other story (Black Butler fanfic) comes first in my priorities since It was my first book and I can't let those fans down.

Love'em to much

Feel free to comment what you think, and follow.

PLEASE VOTE! That's the most important thing that let's me know people read and it only takes 1 sec to click a star! (Even though it's only the first chapter...)