28- Helping a Friend

"Professor! I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you." Skyler starts, while professor Dumbledore is just smirking. "Don't bother it, Ms Thordottír, I'll be fine. Now, follow me please, we need to help Harry Potter, before it's too late." He says calmly. Skyler nods, a little stunned that he's so easy to go on with. She follows Dumbledore to the third floor. Going through a little door, a huge, three headed dog waits for them. "I think you can take care of this boy, don't you?" Professor Dumbledore asks her politely. Skyler just nods in return, and takes a deep breath. "Hey, big fella. How're you holding up?" She asks the dog. The threatening look in its eyes turns into one of confusion. "You can talk to me?" It growls. "Yes, I can. And, can I ask you if we may pass?" Skyler goes right to the point, dogs aren't very intelligent creatures... Lovely, and amazing, but not intelligent. To her greatest surprise, the dog nods, and takes a step back, revealing a hole in the floor. "Well, shall we?" Dumbledore asks, before going in.

After going through two empty rooms, Skyler and Dumbledore enter a big room, with a floor like a chessboard. In the middle of it, a figure is bowed over a body. "Hermione!" Skyler screams when she recognises her friend. "Skyler? W-what are you doing here? H-how...-" All her questions are answered when she sees Dumbledore. "Professor, Harry's in the next room. Whoever tries to steal the stone is in there too." Hermione says, pointing to the other side of the room. A little door stands open there. Dumbledore nods, and looks to Skyler. "Ms. Foster, if you would help Ms. Granger and Mr. Weasley, please. I need to help Harry." With that, Dumbledore hurries to the other room. Skyler turns to Hermione. "Are you hurt?" She asks worried. Hermione nods, and points to her right hand. "My arm is broken, I suspect. It's my wand arm, so I'm not able to levitate Ron to the infirmary." Skyler inspects the arm, and looks Hermione in the eyes. "Alright, 'Mione. This is going to hurt a little. I'm going to heal your arm, but it might sting." She warns. "Do it." The girl answers determined. Skyler rubs her hands against each other, and creates a green glow on it. She puts her hands on Hermione's arm, and Hermione lets out a small cry, but relaxes after a while. "Thank you, Sky." She breathes out. "Any time." Skyler smiles up to Hermione. "Let's get Ron to the infirmary." She says. And together, they get Ron up the stairs.

______________ 

440 words. Well, almost done with the book. 30 parts for the first year, I guess. Like I said earlier, the second year will definitely be a lot shorter. I'd be surprised if I made the twenty chapters. Third year will be longer, same as the first year, or longer even. Anyways, hope you guys liked it, and see you soon! -XXX