❥ Chapter 32.

this book is growing so fast and i'm so happy, i've always wanted to write a book like this that highlights how common mental health is and how it can effect anyone, thank you for 7,000+ reads!!

A wave of relief washes over me when I see him, I run into his arms immediately feeling comfort and warmth as soon as they're wrapped round me.

It's like that feeling when you get home in the surrounding of your house and the happiness and safety you get from it, he feels like home.

"Darc what's wrong, you're scaring me" His voice is soft as he holds me, he must know how badly I need this because he doesn't move.

"Can you take me home? Please?" I look up at him, his eyes sparkle down into mine.

"Of course" He lets go, taking my hand and opening the passenger door for me. I could of called Ezra, Joseph, mom, Amelia, anyone but I wanted Issac.

I feel relaxed in Issac's company, my breathing gets back to normal slowly as he drives the car and my shaking has stopped.

On the wait for Issac to reach me I'd lost dad as I slowly walked to the other end of the hotel and exited through a different door. I feel bad but I couldn't handle it in there any longer.

Thinking about it unsettles me again. I'm just so angry at him and not just a little bit, it's a burning passion of anger. I have so many questions left unanswered but I can't bring myself to ask him because I know the answers will hurt me even more.

"Thank you for coming to get me" I mumble to Issac after some time. He looks at me for a second before returning his eyes to the road, he smiles.

"Anything for you darling Darcy" He mumbles back, slowly latching his hand to mine, making my stomach feel tingly.

"My dad took me to see his partner Cindy and Adelaide" I say after silence, he knows not to ask me but instead let me talk when I'm ready.

"Shit. Did you know he was taking you to see them?" He raises his eyebrows whilst looking at the road.

"No, he just picked me up from college and took me" I mumble. I wish I had of been prepared because even though I'm not completely okay with dad's new family yet, I still want to make a good impression.

"What happened?" He gently squeezes my hand. "I'm not sure, I just saw her and so many things rushed into my head and it wouldn't stop, nasty things. Then my breathing started and my chest hurt" My voice becomes shakier as I speak.

"Darc, it's okay, I'm here" He gives my hand another squeeze with a smile. All I want to do is crawl into my bed and go back in time before my dad ever stepped foot back into my life.

"Issac, please just get me home" I whisper letting go of his hand, I push my hair off my head as my sweat starts to make it stick to my forehead.

"Darcy it's okay-" I cut him off, "Please take me home" I close my eyes, my chest starting to hurt from heavy breathing again.

I hate this feeling, it feels like I've run miles and my chest is tight, no air is getting inside and I'm shrinking.

I pull my legs up to my chest gripping them in a hug, my knuckles turning white. I can feel the car speeding up and I imagine myself in front of it, like someone is speeding towards me but I'm not moving because I'm ready.