015

Previously on Silver Moon

Cobie's eyes widened as the information sunk in. that meant Astir was home to one pack and Erik led it. Erik an alpha with the inability to turn. He shakes his head, it's not possible. Erik couldn't possibly be the Alpha of the entire state of Astir.

"Astir's population is about sixty thousand."

"Yes and Erik leads all of us. He's the Alpha of Alphas. He's our Alpha."

--

Watching the wolves run was the absolute best thing Cobie had ever seen. On the bike was able to manoeuvre between the wolves. He watched them play with themselves, some nipped at the ears of other wolves. It was all very playful. Cobie had watched as Eric had also been at the centre of many of these playful acts. At a point a wolf had pressed his nuzzle against Erik's stomach and the Alpha had rubbed his hand down the fur of the wolf.

Cobie laughed and weaved ahead of them. It was like the fight that had taken place days ago had not even happened. Erik wouldn't have allowed a pack run if the coast wasn't clear. Cobie wondered where the bodies of the bezerkers were taken to. He doubts they were burnt or thrown into a lake or something. Without noticing, Cobie had driven ahead of the pack, edging towards the boarding. There were houses lined around it. The road leading into Astir was a long one with a wide spread of water on each side.

Cobie remembered driving down this road, he had marvelled at how blue the waters had been and how the houses around the edge had looked so big and magnificent. He pulls in the clutch as he brakes, he put a foot down and stared at the sight in front of him. The deafening thunder of paws hitting the ground, the soft howls, the loud laughter from the human Astirians watching. Everything just seemed to have slowed down.

He stared at the bridge, silently wondering if he still really wanted to leave. He didn't want to decide to stay now and then later regret his decision later. He tries to picture himself driving away from Astir but he just could not. He'd be leaving Erik behind. He runs a hand down his face and sighs, the rate at which his feelings for Erik was growing was a bit alarming and there's this feeling deep down that Erik, Michel, Se Ju and Randall are keeping something from him. Yet, he's still tempted to pull out his phone to tell him that Astir was safe. It's been too long since he had seen him.

He tried to walk closer when he felt a sharp pain in his heart. He felt out of breath a little, his heart beat picking up a little. He rubs at his chest with his hand and tried to relax before starting up the bike again. It seemed like he had stayed at the border for a while because had he drove back, the wolves were settling. Their numbers had reduced and Erik was nowhere to be found. From the relaxed atmosphere, he deduced the run had come to an end and everyone was off cooling off. He drives straight back to the pack house, made sure to carefully park the bike where t had been in the garage before making his way into the house. For the first time since he had entered the house, it was filled with people chattering, little kids playing and teenagers talking. Amongst the people, Cobie could make out Randall, Se Ju, Michel and Gabriel. They must have smelt him come in because they all turn to his direction and wave. Cobie gave them a nod in return. He pointed at himself and at then upwards, trying to tell them he was heading upstairs.

He made his way up the stairs, having to move to the side when a gaggle of kids run out of a room and towards where he was on the stairs. He wanted to have his bath, maybe drink a gallon of water and find something to do. His plans were halted immediately he entered his room. Sitting on one side of his bed was a boy, he looked about sixteen or seventeen and to Cobie's horror, the boy was crying.

Cobie was half tempted to walk back out of the room but the boy let out a heart shattering sob and Cobie rushed forward before he could stop himself. The boy jumps when Cobie wrapped a hand around his shoulders.