Chapter 12

Life had never looked this difficult to Noor. She was a simple girl whose life was way too simple. Never she wished for something that wasn't in her reach. That was extraordinary. Then why her life was turning this way? She had vowed to stay strong but still all this wasn't easy. The past two weeks were nothing but a nightmare for her. She tried shaking those thoughts off her mind but failed miserably. But right now her only question to herself was how long she would think about the past forgetting her present and future?

Izma saw Noor sitting on the raised steps at the back of their house. It had been three days since she had come back. After seeing Maheen's condition and getting to know few details about what have happened here in her absence, Noor hadn't said much. Izma knew somewhere Noor was holding herself responsible for all this. But that wasn't true. Not at all. Karma had hit Asim hard and he could do nothing. But enough of all this now. They couldn't morn over the past all their lives. They had to move on. With Asim gone, Izma had left with no source of income and her savings were all finished. She had to find a decent job for her and she was searching something suitable. She wasn't a highly educated woman. She had devoted her whole teenage for her sister so the chances were nil.

But right now going out of the house was not easy. She was supposed to be in her Iddah. But observing this for a husband like Asim? Was it right? After what he did. She shook her head of the painful thoughts and sat beside Noor.

"Noor?"

Noor turned around and found her sister sitting close to her.

"Yes, Aapa? Are you okay?"

She asked holding Izma 's hand. Izma couldn't stop a smile reaching her lips. She herself was not in a good condition but was worried for others.

"I'm alright. We are alright."

Izma said with a smile on her face.

"But I want to discuss something with you."

"What?"

"Noor, we will have to come out of it. Our past. Specially you. Whatever happened is happened. I guess it was written this way. We will get nothing by thinking about it. We can't change it can we?"

Noor shook her head.

"Then just let it go. We have all our life in front of us. Just be strong and come back to your normal life."

Noor slowly raised her head and smiled. The kind of smile you put on to show your loved ones you are all okay. She herself was tired of all this. Thinking about the past, Thinking about those people.

Thinking about hi...

No! She wouldn't go that way. Her sister was right. They should move on. She should move on specially.

"I know, Aapa. And I promise you wouldn't have to ask me again. I'll try to forget all that. It will take some time but I'll be fine. And I was thinking of joining my school again. I'll go there tomorrow and then I'll have to contact the parents for home tuition as well."

Izma nodded and and then cleared her throat.

"Noor you know Asim isn't here anymore. I have to take care of Maheen as well. So I've decided that I'll try and find a suitable work for me."