Chapter 40~

{Zane's POV}

The door to my room softly shut, blocking the light from the hallway, I sat up, rubbing my eyes, to find Travis, teary eyed, standing in front of the door.

"Travis...?" I ask, scooting over slightly so he could sit down. He sits biting his bottom lip and looking at me. "What's up...?"

"I can't sleep..." He says, his voice cracking slightly. I scoot over more, to allow him more room. Both he and I lay down, me turning my back to him, as he wrapped his arms around my waist, snuggling up to my back. His breath was soft on my neck, and as I closed my eyes, the nightmares came to me as well. 

My eyes snapped open, and I could still feel Travis laying awake by my side. I try to turn and face him, and he allows me, pulling my head to his chest. 

His heartbeat is loud, allowing me to hear it thumping a steady rhythm. His arms are wrapped around me, as if protecting me mattered more than the nightmares he was having. 

I hadn't noticed my heartbeat had sped up until I felt it slowing down again. 

Travis pulled me closer to him, radiating heat, making up for the heat I lacked. 

The door opened once again, allowing the light to shed in, but this time, I was too comfortable to care. 

"Night Zane, Night Travis.." called Garroth, and he shut the door again. 

"Night..." We both mumbled back. 

Travis' hand reaches for my hair, gently petting it back, lulling me into a sweet, dreamless sleep. 

---

The sunlight flutters through the shades, gently opening my eyelids as I sit up. I get immediately pulled back down by Travis' arms, his eyes still shut. I smile, beginning to play with his hair, as his eyes flutter open. 

"Mmm... Zane...?" He says, sitting up, pulling me with him. He's reluctant to let go of my waist. 

"Morning sleepyhead." I say, as he kisses my forehead. "No nightmares...?" 

He shakes his head. "Sleep was good... You?" 

"Great... Probably the best sleep of the month. Not gonna lie." I say, smiling. 

"Glad to hear. Let's head downstairs, shall we?"

"Let's."

I wouldn't mind waking up to that....

---

Word Count: 369 words

kInKy

Have som fluffles

and bed cuddles owo

AY I'M SURPRISED I GOT ANOTHER CHAPTER OUT BEFORE I LEAVE IN 2 DAYS

Oh and everyone say happy birthday to welpididathing

It's her birthdayyyy

(That's my little sister btw-)

Ily all! xoxo Sam