(9)

I pull away from Parker, my arms still wrapped around the back of his neck.

"I really gotta to get class now" I say.

"No" he whines.

"We'll continue this later"

"Class is so boring. This isn't"

"I'm failing Algebra. I can't skip another class"

"5 more minutes"

"Fine" I say. He smiles and kisses me. 

"What the fuck" Aiden says.

"Shit. Aiden, please don't tell anyone" 

".......he's Zoey. Isn't he?"

"....yeah...."

"Why didn't you tell me, Parker?"

"I don't know. I was scared"

"Of what?"

"That things would get worse for Ben"

"I'm gonna go to class. I'll see you later" I say and give Parker a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving the bathroom and going to class. That was....awkward. Very awkward.

~<>~<>~

It's time for lunch so Sophia and I are sitting at our usual table in the cafeteria. Parker comes into the cafeteria and sits with us. Ever since he started "dating" Sophia he's been sitting with us. I guess it's acceptable now or something.

"Hey. How did it go with Aiden?" I ask.

"Good. He's ok with everything and he promised to tell anyone" he says.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I guess I just didn't want anybody, other than Sophia, finding out until we figured out what we are I guess"

"What do you mean?"

"Are we boyfriends? Are we just 2 people who hook up a lot?"

"Well, I'm hoping that we're boyfriends"

"Really?" he smiles. 

"Yeah" I smile back.

"God, I feel like I'm watching a romcom or something" Sophia says.

"Shut up" Parker and I say in unison. 

~<>~<>~

"Sup, fag" someone says. I turn around and see Toby Hummel. He's on the football team, I have no idea what position he plays.

"Hello, Toby" I sigh.

"What you got there?"

"Homework? Sorry, I forgot you have no idea what that is"

"Shut your mouth"

"Can you just like, I don't know, go flirt with some girl who's desperate for attention or something?"

"Why would I do that when this is so much more fun?"

"Toby. Get to practice" Carson says.

"After I deal with him"

"Now, Hummel"

"Whatever" Toby rolls his eyes and walks away.

"Is it too much to ask for one day without...you know....this?" I ask.

"What are you talking about?" Carson asks.

"Just let me put my homework in my bag before you get blood on it"

"Dude. I'm not gonna hurt you"

"....what?"

"I just told Toby to back off. Why would I do that if I was gonna hurt you?"

"To have me all to yourself"

"Go home, Ben" he says and walks in the same direction Toby went. I am so confused.....what the fuck just happened?

~<>~<>~

"Maybe you were dreaming?" Parker asks. I just finished explaining to Sophia and Parker what happened with Carson. We're hanging out outside at Soph's house.

"In the middle of the day while I was awake?" I ask.

"Did he seem high?"

"Last time he was high he broke my hand and nose"

"Or, crazy idea, he had a change of heart?" Sophia suggests.

"Why would he do that?" Parker asks.

"I went to the mall with Carson and Karlee yesterday. He asked me what I know about your dad. After I confirmed what he knew he got this really guilty look or something"

"Great so now he pities me?" I ask.

"It's better than you ending up in the hospital" Parker says.

"I guess" I sigh.

"So, now that you guys are official....are you gonna tell people?" Sophia asks.

"I don't know. We haven't really talked about it" I shrug.

"Maybe we keep it a secret for just a little while longer. Like a few months or something" Parker suggests.

"Ok"

~<>~<>~

"Want a ride home?" Parker asks me. We're outside of Sophia's.

"Thanks but no. I've gotta go somewhere else first" I say.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure" 

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow"

"Bye" I say and walk to my dad's friends house. I get to house and knock on the door. The door opens and I see a girl in just her bra and underwear.

"Hey, baby. What can I do for you?" she asks.

"Is Pete here?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's sleeping. Why don't we have some fun before he wakes up?"

"No thanks"

"What?"

"I have plenty of fun with my boyfriend"

"....oh" she says awkwardly and lets me in. I give her fake smile and go to the living room where Pete is sleeping on the couch.

"Pete" I say and smack the back of his head. He wakes up and groans before looking at me.

"What the fuck, Ben?" he asks.

"Do you have the money for the bills?"

"Yeah. It's in the cookie jar, like always"

"Thanks" I say. I get the money and walk down the road to my house. Zoey is staying at the night at her new friend Lola's house so I don't have to worry about her tonight. Tomorrow is my date with Parker and I could not be more excited!