Chapter 57: He's Alright

Grillby rushed to the designated room in the hospital and opened the door anxiously.

He held his breath awaiting for the worst to come, however, that didn't seem to be the case, luckily.

There Sans was, sitting on the bed, awake but simply looking just... So tired.

Papyrus was with him at his side, standing next to the hospital bed.

Grillby sighed with relief and sat next to Sans on the bed.

"HELLO, GRILLBY!" "hey..." The two skeleton brothers greeted in unison.

Grillby nodded in response and placed a hand over Sans' forehead to check his temperature, and then slid his hand down his husband's face, caressing it with love.

"You worried me..." he exhaled.

"I don't like seeing you here, it scares me the amount of times you've been here in the last year. I want you to be safe." He then mumbled.

Sans put his smaller hand over Grillby's hand and tried giving him a smile of assurance.

"i'm okay now." He whispered.

Grillby smiled, and turned to Papyrus.

"What happened anyway?" He asked, looking at both at the brothers now.

"ACTUALLY, NOT EVEN THE GREAT PAPYRUS KNOWS, AND THAT WORRIES ME!" Papyrus rubbed the back of his collar.

"BUT! THE DOCTOR WILL BE COMING BACK SOON AND INFORMING US ABOUT THE INCIDENT!" He added optimistically.

Just coincidentally, the door was opened and the doctor stepped in with a few reports.

The doctor was a short, gecko-like, tan tinted monster with a shirt patterned with bananas under his white coat that almost reached his knee caps.

His ID on his chest identified him with the name of 'Dr. Renny".

"Good night" he greeted.

"HELLO!" "Greetings." "sup." Papyrus, Grillby, and Sans all replied in a mess of words, causing the doctor to lightly chuckle.

"Okay, haha, let me get straight to the point." He began, flipping some pages up from his clipboard and scrolling over them.

"Comic Sans seems to have a very weak soul, one unlike we've ever seen for your information. Because of his terrifying state of strength, his soul has had a lot of tension to it due to some unidentified reasons. If you were to compare this to a human, it would be an equivalent as to having cardiovascular issues.

Grillby and Papyrus gasped in horror.

In truth, none of the two actually knew what it was, but to them, it sounded like something dangerous.

Sans clutched the thin blanket of the hospital bed and looked away, sadly to his knowledge, he did know what it was.

He was petrified.

It obliterated thinking about him having to have to adapt a new lifestyle just because of his diagnostic.

He was already so happy, and he didn't want that taken away from him by limitations.

"Is it bad? Is there a way to help cure it?" Grillby frowned.

"In fact, there is a few recommendations that might help out! Comic Sans depends too much on magic to live, that's probably the reason his soul is always so tense to the point where his circulation of magic gets disrupted. Some building up of the physical matter/strength would benefit his health for the better. His soul would have less work to do due to the increase of physicality." Dr. Renny explained.