nine

The next morning, I got word from Ravon that Alphonse and Archor were leaving for a work-related trip that would last through the next two weeks. Apparently their absence was due to some newly developed information regarding my family's situation, but as usual, I was kept in the dark as far as details were concerned. Half of the Hale's men were going with on this assignment, leaving me to Niklaus and a handful of bodyguards.  

After patriarch of the Hale family had left the manor, others followed suit, one after another leaving me alone with the man who's made it his life's concern to ignore me unless I was in some sort of immediate danger. I slipped into a pink blush colored two piece swimsuit with a flannel to cover me up before I tip toed out of my bedroom. Ravon had told me that there was a pool right here in Hale Manor and I made it my goal to take a dip. My small feet padded against the door, my nerves bubbling in hopes I wouldn't come face to face with Nik. I blindly followed the end of the corridor, hoping that by some grace of a higher power, that I would find the pool all on my own. Footprints neared me from the other side of the next corner and my anxieties pushed me to slide into an unlocked room. Quietly shutting the door behind me, I heard the footprints stop in front of the door. Flattening myself against the adjoining wall, I watched as the door opened and the person stepped inside, investigating the room for possible intruders. Covering my mouth to obscure the sound of my breathing, I waited a few beats before I watched as the person shut the door behind them. With a sigh of relief, I waited a minute before discreetly slipping out of the room. After a couple wrong turns, I finally made my way to the chlorine scented room. Pushing through the door, the moisture and humidity of the room hit me and enveloped me, my skin erupting in goosebumps. 

Setting the flannel on a lounging chair nearby, I shuffled over to the deep end of the pool, gently dipping my toe inside the cool water. Biting my lip, I took a few steps back and ran for it, plunging into the pool in the most ungraceful way. I pushed upward against the water and surfaced, laughing at my body's shivering in reaction the the water's temperature. Slowly adjusting, I kicked my feet and dove under once again, letting the serene, peacefulness of the liquid surround me. I counted the seconds by, the seconds turning into a minute, a minute turning to two. Suddenly, the water around me shifted and a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me toward the break of the water. My lungs gasped for air and I rubbed my eyes to rid of the blur. 

"What the actual fuck, Violet!" Nik yelled, his hands holding onto me tightly as if I'd melt away. "Has your stay here worsened so much that you'd actually try to drown yourself?"

"I wasn't drowning," I bit my lip to suppress a smile. 

"Yeah, thanks to me." He mumbled with a frown, his eyes finally meeting mine. Nik held me for a long time, his hands holding my flush against him in. His curly hair had been flattened by the water, the soft locks sticking the moisture on his face. One of his hands came up and my breath hitched as he cupped my cheek. He leaned in, his nose touching mine intimately as our breath mingled between the mere milometers between our lips. His hand fell from my cheek and caressed the skin of the back of my neck, erecting a moan from my mouth. Nik hummed at the noise in approval, his thigh coming to part mine. Now straddling his leg underwater, I held onto his soaked black shirt. I felt his cupid's bow trail against my bottom lip and I shivered, my core heating at the small touch. 

"Swim with me," I whispered, almost inaudibly, pulling away from him slowly. His hands drifted from my hips and he watched me quietly, the water bobbing at my collarbones as I swam. I drifted through the water and laid on my back, closing my eyes softly. A few moments later an arm was beneath me, hovering beneath my weight as another hand's fingers grazed down the nape of my neck, following the natural dips of my body. Nik's fingers softly grazed down my chest plate, slowly moving between the crevice of my breasts and then down my navel. My back arched slightly and Nik's hand was eager to catch this movement. 

"So, so beautiful." He murmured, his breathing deep and labored. My eyes slowly opened once again, taking in the sight of Niklaus' hooded eyes, darkened with lust. 

"Nik?" I whispered breathy, my body sinking slightly until my feet touched the pool floor. His hand reached for mine and he pulled me into him, my breasts pressing against his chest, my nipples hardening in a combination of being cold and aroused. Water dripped from my hair, dripped from his stubble. I watched the small beads cascade down his throat and onto his shirt. "Nik." I said once more, unable to produce more than his name from my mouth. 

"It's so hard not to kiss you," He noted softly, his thumb brushing across my lips in longing. "So hard not to bite your lips," He pinched my bottom lip gently, his jaw ticking. "So hard not to push you against the wall of this pool," He placed his large hand against my navel and pushed me forward, my back meeting with the cold wall; I gasp. "So hard not to dive beneath the water and pull off that pretty little bikini." I whimpered softly, his eyes not leaving mine as he lowered himself to press soft kisses down my chest. "Kiss that lovely pussy of yours." All the air in my lungs jutted out in an instant. My thighs clenched hungrily and Nik noticed, a sly smirk appearing on his face. "Oh, Ms. Maddox, am I making you wet?" My heart hammered in my chest.

"W-Well, technically I was w-wet before you came in here." I stammered, biting my lip. His smirk deepened and I swallowed thickly. 

"My simple touch makes your nipples stiffen, don't think I hadn't noticed, Violet." Nik's tongue wrapped each syllable of my name. "Your breathing, your little fucking moans drive me insane like you wouldn't believe. It takes so much restraint when I'm near you." He pulled my legs and placed them around his waist, burying his face in the crook of my neck. "The way you walk with that little bounce in your step; the way you look at me." He sighs heavily, his lips pressed against my shoulder. "You are insatiable, your purpose of existence is meant to tear me apart, isn't it?"

"Maybe," I smiled against his hair. 

"I can't stand you," He groaned quietly against my skin, "And yet I can't stand to be without you." 

"I know the feeling," I mumbled softly, my hand brushing down his back.