Chapter Nineteen: Jealousy

Tasha's POV

I sighed in annoyance as I waited for Gavin to get off of work.

I'm so stupid, why did I agree to this in the first place? Wasting my evening with him while I could've went to Hank's and hung out with Connor and him.

I was brought out of my thoughts as Gavin walked up to me, a smile on his face. "So no cold feet?"

"Oh, trust me — I have things I'd much rather do, but you insist you're a better person now, so let's get it over with, ya?"

Gavin smirked, "C'mon. I have the perfect place in mind."

I was in shock when Gavin took me to one of the most beautiful restaurants I had ever seen. It was one of the ones where you can eat outside.

"Isn't this fancy." I mused as I sat down. He even pushed my chair in.

That bugger.

Connor's POV

Connor knew it wasn't exactly a good idea, but he had to know Tasha would be safe on her date.

He wasn't following them because he liked her or anything.

No, just to make sure she's safe.

Connor tried to remain inconspicuous, mainly keeping a far distant from the two, but when Gavin began to get closer than he liked, Connor moved closer, hiding himself behind the closest tree.

He grabbed onto a tree branch, which broke immediately causing Connor to stumble slightly, causing Tasha to look in his direction.

"Shit."

Tasha's POV

I glanced behind Gavin, and I could see Connor standing behind a tree, staring at me. I bit my lip to keep in a laugh, "I'm going to go to the restroom."

Connor looked like a puppy who was about to get in trouble as he walked into the restroom after me.

"What are you doing here?!"

"I... needed to make sure you were okay."

That's a lie.

Connor was usually one who could lie easily — it was built into his programming but the more human he became, the less he was able to lie.

To me anyways.

I sighed, unable to keep my smile hidden at the gesture. "You could've just called me, or texted."

"I don't like Gavin." Connor said as he looked at her. "He doesn't deserve you."

I sighed deeply, "Connor, it's just dinner! It's not like I'm marrying him. Why are you making it a big deal?"

"That isn't my intention." Connor let out a sigh, which only happened when he was trying very hard to speak his mind. "Just... be careful around him."

I smiled, wrapping my arms around Connor's waist, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Connor, I promise I'll be careful. It's sweet that you care so much, but it's not like this is a date. It's just dinner, okay?"