prologue

sup y'all i just came back on wattpad for like the first time in two years what's poppin

Okay sooo here I go!! I'm so bad at updating chapters oh god i can see my failure now BUT I refuse to give in rip

The picture above is all the primary and secondary characters (except 2 or 3, who aren't as important and therefore weren't given an actor or actress to represent them haha) you can imagine the characters to look some other way, but that's how i imagine them hehe

wow also yES i am aware that's kim taehyung my bby my son the loml <3

anyways pls enjoy my loves

((also i know in carter's picture he has blonde hair but for story purposes he's like brownish blondish k bye)

_

The clock ticks to 1:13 AM.

I'm sitting across from Kyra and Wesley in a diner, contemplating life and regretting the past two years of high school.

My head falls against the back of the booth, staring at the far wall.

"I think my favorite look is when he's in his soccer uniform," I comment to nobody in particular, my voice tinged with a dramatic amount of sorrow.

They don't have to ask who.

Kyra doesn't try to disguise her eye roll, taking a sip of iced tea. "You should just tell him you like him, Allie. Senior year starts this week, and this is your last chance. You might never see him again after we graduate."

I let a whine escape my lips.

"No, no, no," Wesley cuts in, head resting against the window. "You can't just confess now."

"Why not just get it over with?" Kyra raises an eyebrow.

Wesley sighs dramatically, sitting up. "Listen. You know for sure you'll be rejected if you confess now--"

"Harsh, Wes."

"I wasn't done! This is an opportunity. Allie: you want Carter to like you, right?"

I nod miserably.

"Where are you going with this?" Kyra asks.

"Let's come up with a plan," Wesley glances between the two of us, a mischievous spark in his eyes. "Mission: Seduce Carter. Spend this year getting closer to him, act all cute or whatever girls do. If all else fails, tell him your feelings on the last day of school."

"Who knew you were such a romantic, Wes." Kyra teases. Their bickering fades into background noise as I retreat into my own thoughts.

Ordinarily, I might shut Wes down and continue on with my life, pining over Carter forever and ever, but something about tonight is different. It's 1 in the morning, and the realization that this year is my last chance is seeping in through the cracks of my mind. I'm desperate not to let it go by.

"Okay," I speak up, causing the pair of them to pause mid-quarrel.

"Okay, what?" Kyra prods. "You don't mean you're actually agreeing?"

Wesley shoots her a smug grin. "That's exactly what she means,"

"It sounds crazy, but this my last year! I've spent two years sitting around doing nothing, pining after Carter from afar, and I don't want to anymore. I might as well. It's not like I have much to lose, seeing as I'll never see him again if it doesn't work out."

Kyra glances between us with an unsure expression, and then sighs. "You know what, count me in."