Faith

Sam wouldn't tell me what happened, only that Dean was really hurt. He came to the motel and sped back to a hospital, it had to be bad if we went to the hospital. Dean never goes to hospitals. Sam didn't even let me walk inside, he carried me. He put me in one of the waiting chairs and ran to the front desk, I couldn't hear what they were saying, but Sam relaxed a little before walking back over to me; he was taking his time, like he was trying to come up with what to say before he got to me. He plopped himself into the chair beside me with a heavy sigh. We sat there in silence for almost an hour before a doctor walked in, causing Sam to jump to his feet, "You can go see him, but take it easy. He can't be getting too hyped up," the doctor warned before leading us to Dean's room. He looked horrible, he had dark circles under his eyes; which were much more noticable because he was so pale. Dean didn't look away from the TV when we walked in. "Have you ever actually watched daytime TV? It's terrible," he even sounded horrible... Sam shook his head with a sigh, "I talked to your doctor..." Sam started, but Dean interrupted him, "That fabric softener teddy bear. Oh, I'm gonna hunt that little bitch down." Sam gave him a look, "Dean," his voice was quiet. I didn't like the way Sam used that tone, he never used that tone on Dean, who was looking at Sam now. "Yeah. All right, well, looks like you're gonna leave town without me," Dean said as he turned the TV off. Was Dean gonna die? "What are you talking about? I'm not gonna leave you here," Sam sounded confident in that. Dean looked at Sam seriously, "Hey, you better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I'll haunt your ass." Sam gave him a look, "I don't think that's funny," Sam told him. "Oh, come on, it's a little funny," Dean smiled. I continued to stare at the floor, there was a sigh from Dean. "Look, Sammy, what can I say, man, it's a dangerous gig. I drew the short straw. That's it, end of story." I bit my lip, "Don't talk like that, alright? We still have options," Sam snapped. "What options? Yeah, burial or cremation. And I know it's not easy. But I'm gonna die. And you can't stop it." I sniffled, gaining the two's attention. "C'mere Chris," Dean told me, leaning a bit closer a bit with an open arm. I dropped Sylvester and ran over to Dean, throwing my arms around his neck. I had to get on my tiptoes to reach. Dean picked me up and pulled me on his lap. "It's okay Chris, let it out," was all Dean had to say before I curled up in a ball on his lap and broke.

I stayed for as long as the nurses let me, but eventually Sam brought me back to the motel. Sam was digging through Dad's journal and typing on the laptop nonstop. He was on the phone at the moment though, Sam waited for a while before he started talking, "Hey, Dad. It's Sam. Uh...you probably won't even get this, but, uh...it's Dean. He's sick, and uh...the doctors say there's nothing they can do. Um...but, uh, they don't know the things we know, right? So, don't worry, cause I'm uh...gonna do whatever it takes to get him better. Alright...just wanted you to know," he sounded close to crying as he hung up the phone and tossed the phone onto the bed beside me. I was hugging my knees with my back to the headboard. There was a knock on the door, Sam answered it, "What the hell are you doing here?" there were a lot of tones mixed into the question. "I checked myself out," I heard, was that Dean? "What, are you crazy?" judging by Sam's tone and seeing who it was pushing himself into the room, it was Dean. "Well, I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot," Dean joked as he leaned on everything in the room for support. Sam huffed a laugh as he closed the door, "You know, this whole I-laugh-in-the-face-of-death thing? It's crap. I can see right through it." Sam said, crossing his arms. Dean rolled his eyes, "Yeah, whatever, dude. Have you even slept? You both look worse than me," he told Sam before he glanced at me. Sam helped him to the bed I was perched on, "I've been scouring the Internet for the last three days. Calling every contact in Dad's journal," Sam told him as Dean flopped onto the bed. "For what?" Dean asked as he adjusted himself. "For a way to help you. One of Dad's friends, Joshua, he called me back. Told me about a guy in Nebraska. A specialist," Sam informed, I'd heard him talking to this guy earlier, it'd woken me up from my nap. "You're not gonna let me die in peace, are you?" Dean sighed as he said it. "I'm not gonna let you die, period. We're going," Sam told him firmly with a grin on his face. I wasn't sure this was going to work, but we could try.