Chapter 5

Taylor's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is so frustrating. I don't even know what I did to him. Christian has been avoiding me and I don't know what I did. He is not making it seem like he is, but he is and I'm nervous, confused and frustrated in one and I feel like I'm going to explode. I'm nervous because I don't know if I will lose him, confused to what happen to lead to this and frustrated that I can't figure it out. It started that day when we had our little argument in the parking lot and he's been distant ever since.

That's not all that's got me feeling this way. Yesterday in the cafeteria, Leah mention something about a crush that Christian might have on someone. I know it shouldn't have affected me, but it did and I don't know what to do. I like Christian a lot, I realized it when Leah brought that up, but what am I going to tell him. Hey Christian I like you, but in a romantic way. I can't do that, he'll probably freak out and end up putting more distance between us. Errr... this is so frustrating.

I cancelled on our study session yesterday, after what Leah said about the crush, I felt down and I couldn't face Christian, I was crushed, I'm still crushed. I got it under control now.

I got out of my car and walked into school hallway and I was tackled by Leah the minute I reached my locker.

   "What is this? You crazy person." I laughed. I turned to see Christian leaning on his locker, not looking at me again.

   "What, can't I hug my friend. I haven't seen you in so long."

   "We saw each other yesterday. No, nothing is wrong with hugging, but try not to break all my bones." I told her and I could have sworn I heard a small chuckle from Christian, maybe my ears are deceiving me.

    "Hey Christian, let's go we have class to attend. Let's go go go on an adventure." Leah sung the last part. This girl is sixteen and still watches Cat in the hat, she needs help. We laughed until we separated to go to our different sessions.

I sat in class, completely oblivious to what the teacher was say. All I thought about was Christian. Why can't I stop. I promised myself that I would not fall for him. The first day when I ran into him, my first thought was; he's cute. Then I remembered what happened at my old school, with my previous friend and I didn't want history to repeat itself.

I had liked my previous friend and I was so on edge around him and I ended up making a big fool of myself. He was straight and obviously I knew that, but I had to push it. One day and I went to kiss him and he went all sumo wrestler on me and I was left hospitalized, with a broken arm and bruised face. He was homophobic and I didn't know and now I know, but it only took me being beaten to figure it out.

So I don't want to make the same mistake with Christian, he won't beat me up, he's too skinny to do it, but he might hate me and stop being my friend. That, I know I can't handle, it's only been a short time, but don't think I can lose Christian.

Class ended and to say I understood what the teacher said, I would be a big fat liar.

    "Hey Taylor." I heard Leah hollered from the other end of the hallway.

    "Hey Leah. Where's Christian?"

   "He's not coming, he's has a experiment to do. I don't know what for. Come on let's go." She said and started heading to the library.

We had a free period and I was just our luck that all three of us had it together.  When we entered the library, we went to the back, where we always sat. It was quite, out of range from anyone who might want to listen in on our conversation. We sat down, Leah sat across from me, Christian usually sit beside me, but he's not here.

   "Hey Taylor, I'm worried about you and Christian." Leah said after a few minutes have passed.

   "How so?"

   "Well, umm, the both of you seem distant and I have a feeling things are going to change." She said and from the look in her eyes I can tell she was up to something and I have no idea what it is, but I want to know.

   "Things have been rocky, but they are not going to change."

   "You sure?"

   "Yeah, I'm sure. Now Leah, tell me what you are up to in that crazy head of yours." I asked her and she looked at me with a innocent face, but I could tell that it was so fake. That girl is not innocent.

  "Hey! My head is perfectly normal and I was thinking of a way to get the both of you to talk about your problems." She said and continued when I didn't respond. "Because, seriously, you guys are suffocating me with the tension between the both of you." She told me and put her hands to her troat to pretend like she was being choked.

  "I see. So what do you have in mind?"

  "Well, how about a movie night, Friday?" She said and I watch her plot in her head like the crazy person she was.

I considered it, but how is it going to get us to talk. "How's this going to get us to talk?" I voiced my question out loud.

She rolled her eyes. "When you both are in the same room for more than a few minutes, minus the classroom, you'll be forced to have a conversation." She said. "But, the thing is I will not be there."

   "What, he'll never agree to, not if it's just the two of us." I told her. Christian would never have a movie night without Leah there. Especially if he's avoiding me.

   "Don't you think I know that. I will say I'll be there and at the last minute I'll cancel. Just like you did on our study session."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "You're still upset over that. Come on, little chicken, get over it." I told her and reach over to pat her head.

   "Don't you ever call me little chicken. And most of all don't touch the hair." She said and I could see she was annoyed, but you could see some playfulness in her eyes. "Now if we are done talking about who holds grudges and suffocating friendships. Can we please go back to studying. Well talk about the plan later."

    "Okay, senorita chicken." I said and mocked saluted. I looked down and looked up back when I heard something like a growl. Leah's eyes — which is beautiful, piercing emerald green— looked like she wanted to murder someone — me. Her face was red like a well ripened tomato.

    "James!" She stood up and grabbed me by the shirt. When she refers to my last name, I know I've gone too far. "What did I tell you about calling me a chicken?" She half whispered and half yelled. "I'm going to skin you alive."

   "Now little chic.......Leah we don't need to resort to murder here." I told her and rose my hand up in surrender. "We can settle this like good teenagers. Can't we?" I said and  chuckled, but I was afraid. Leah was nice, but get her upset and you'll surely pay a very painful price.

She looked at me for a little while longer. She released my shirt and sat back down. "I'll let you live for now. Only because of Christian." She said to me and returned back to her studying.

I let out a sigh of relief. This is the last time I'll make that girl angry. I returned to my studying, then I realized what she said.

   "Leah, what did you mean when you said only because of Christian?" I asked her confused.

    "Umm. Nothing really, I can't say anything. But you'll find out soon." She told me.

What?

I was about to ask what she meant that, but she just held up her hand and stopped me and shook her head. She was telling me not to ask anymore questions. I did as ordered and returned to the book in front of me, but the unasked questions swarmed around in my brain. I tried to push them to the back of my mind, but it was impossible.

What did she mean by that?

Maybe I'll find out Friday, at movie night.

~~~~~~~
A/N: What a plan Leah have concocted. Will it work? Will the rift between our boys be repaired? We'll find out in the next chapter. To continue reading their story, please follow, comment and vote. Thank you😊