5

My loss for words was pretty obvious to Harry, who didn't speak either.

He simply drove, not even looking at me after what he just said. My emotions were all over the place as I just sat there, staring at my stepfather.

"Don't say anything. I know what is going through your mind." Harry sighed, pulling at his hair frustratedly.

I couldn't say anything. I couldn't move, not even when the car parked in front of the house.

"Caitlin I'm sor-"

"You don't get to apologize. You don't get to do this to me." My heart was racing, my anger already building. "You're with my mother. My mom Harry. What kind of sick person are you?"

He kept his head down as I yelled. He seemed to understand how angry I was since he didn't dare speak a word. Looking at his face made my heart sink, the need to bring his smile back eating away at me.

"What kind of a sick person am I?" I began to cry, realization hitting me and guilt beginning to surface. "I keep thinking about you holding me... What is happening? This is too much." I opened the car door, wiping my face as I ran to the back yard, climbing up the tree house and cowering in a corner.

"I'm lost without you." I sobbed, pulling my legs to my chest as images of Nelson laughing came to mind.

I couldn't have feelings for Harry. Nothing made sense.

Time must've passed because I woke up with the cold wood of the tree house against my skin. The darkness outside was an indication that it wasn't morning yet.

I reached into my pocket to get my phone before realizing I had left it in my room when I was trying to ignore Liam.

I sighed, deciding if I really wanted to leave this safe haven and face reality. My eyes felt puffy and my nose was stuffed, reminding me of what had taken place.

I made my way to the door of the tree house, stretching my foot out to reach for the ladder. When my feet finally touched the ground, the silhouette of a sleeping man leaning against the tree almost made me scream.

The moonlight shone on his face and I sighed, it was Harry. To be honest, I still wanted to scream.

"Harry.." I gently pushed at his shoulder and he stirred in his sleep before his eyes fluttered open. I stood up, crossing my arms and nervously stepping back. "You waited here for me?"

He stood up, dusting himself off. His eyes found mine and his sympathy flashed over the emerald green of his eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked, coming closer to me.

He looked breathtakingly beautiful. It made everything worst for me.

"I'm fine." I looked at the ground. "I'm going inside. It's cold." I spoke, only looking up at him when I was already far enough.

"Caity, Happy birthday." He whispered, only loud enough for my ears to hear. I only realized it was dawn when the sun peaked out from a few trees next to our house.

I didn't answer him, disappearing into the warmth of my house.

I slammed the door to my room shut, instantly grabbing my phone before my mind could think, texting Liam.

Me: Come pick me up later. There doesn't have to be a difference.

I pressed the home button on my phone, a picture of Nelson and I stared back at me.

I could already hear him. 'What are you doing Cry baby? This isn't what you want.'

He was annoying like that.

I slipped under my covers, my mind racing. My eyes shut after a while and I drifted to sleep but instead of thinking of Liam, my very cute roommate, I thought about Harry.