(i)

*Unedited*

A tiny, chubby boy of seven made his way toward the lake. He giggled thinking about his mother's reaction when she'd find out that he had stolen an item from Pinocchio's wedding. Clothed in a blue suit, with his hair neatly set, he looked like royalty. Well, he was royalty.

He was instantly attracted to it when he saw Pinocchio and his fiancee sip from the cup. The simple silver cup. After the priest had announced them, husband and wife, everyone was busy congratulating the newlywed and showering them with blessings and gifts. He didn't miss the opportunity and cleverly took the cup.

He wanted to drink from it. It looked special and drinking from it would make him feel special.

He knelt and dipped the cup into the water. He was about to drink from it when he heard someone crying.

The little boy scanned the place only to find a girl of about his age, crying. She wore a plain pink dress which was soiled.

Without any hesitation, he ran to her.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

The girl looked up at him, sniffing. Her cheeks were pink and her eyes were puffy. She sat up, her back straight, trying to act brave, "Nothing." She wiped her tears away. "What are you doing here?"

"Why you crying?" He asked, again, not bothering to reply to her question.

"I got a boo-boo," she said, lifting her dress a bit to reveal her skinned knee.

"That's a big boo-boo," he said. "Come with me, my mother will take care of it." He held his hand out to her but before she could take it, he drew it away, "Wait! You want water?" he asked noticing that he had a chalice in his hands.

She nodded.

There was some water in the chalice, so he gave it to her. She gulped it down, spilling most of it. She beamed at him as she returned it, "Thank you!"

He couldn't help but smile. He was about to tell her to stand when he heard a voice, "Damien? Where are you, my little prince?"

His hands shook as he hid the chalice behind him, "Don't tell her about this cup, okay?" he whispered to her. She giggled, happy to keep a secret.

"I'm here, mother!" He yells.

His mother, a beautiful woman, the Queen of the Dithrai, smiled as she came into view. "So this is where my little prince ran off to." She stopped briefly when she noticed the girl, "Who is she, Damien?"

He looked at the girl, "I don't know, mom. She got hurt. I was taking care of her."

"Awww, such a gentleman," she pecked his cheeks and turned her attention to the girl, "What happened to you, pretty girl?"

The girl smiled widely at her, "I got a boo-boo."

"Come," The Queen lifted the girl and placed her on her hips, "Now, tell me, where are your parents and how you got this boo-boo?"

A smile found its way to Damien's lips. His mother didn't notice the chalice. He took the water in the chalice and sipped it. The water tasted sweeter and cooler for some reason. He loved it.

"Damien! Where did you find that cup?!"

His face grew pale as his mother came storming toward him with the girl on her hips. She looked cross. His eyes widened with fear, "I'm sorry, moma. I-I.."

"Did you share it with anyone?" She asked kneeling down in front of him. She looked worried. He wondered why. It was after all just a cup. There were so many in the castle, it wouldn't hurt if he kept one. But he told the truth, he nodded, and pointed at the girl, "Her."

................

So? What are your thoughts?