1.7

'i don't want your sympathy, but you don't know what you do to me, oh, anna.'

(anna - harry styles)

-

It was too bright - the sun shining directly into my face disturbing my slumber far earlier than I would've liked. I groaned, burying my face further into the pillow, the pounding in my head immediately making itself known. I sat up slowly, steadying myself as my eyes focused on my surroundings - this wasn't my room. 

My heart sank as the realization set in - this was Harry's room.

"Shit," I murmured, quickly looking beside me to see the other side of the bed fully made; untouched. I looked down - this shirt wasn't mine. I knew the smell immediately, and my heart stopped, examining my attire - underwear on? Check. So at least I still had some dignity.

The door was pushed open, and I jumped in surprise as Harry walked casually into the room, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. He hummed quietly as he wandered over to what I presumed was his closet, not even glancing at me for a moment as he pulled out some sweatpants and a black tee.

I cleared my throat, causing him to spin around, "Oh, Ana - you're awake," he shifted awkwardly, clutching the clothes in his left hand. My eyes examined him, his hair wet, hanging low over his face - his skin still damp from the shower; his lack of clothes revealing tattoos on his body I'd never seen before. A large butterfly was inked onto his stomach, and I found myself intrigued by what it symbolised - but I didn't ask.

"My head hurts," was all I could say, as he chuckled lightly.

"I'm not surprised," he shrugged, turning his back to me again, as he dropped his towel. My jaw dropped as he pulled on a pair of boxers - not before giving me a clear view of his ass - and pulled on the sweatpants - the shirt remaining discarded on the surface beside the closet, "I'll get you some aspirin, yeah?" he turned back to face me, shooting me a small smile, as if he didn't just give me a beautiful view of his whole damn ass.

He left the room, returning moments later with a couple aspirin and a bottle of water, which I gladly took, instantly feeling a little replenished.

"What am I doing here?" I asked slowly, unsure of what really to say to him. It had only been days since he had done what he did, and as much as I yearned to feel hatred and anger towards him - I still couldn't. Only hurt.

"You were smashed last night," he explained, sitting down on the edge of the bed, "you rang me."

"I did?" I frowned, with no remembrance of what I'd done the night before - I must've been really drunk.

"Mm," he hummed, his eyes watching me closely "and so I let you crash here."

I bit my lip, picking up the courage to ask, "We didn't.. do anything, right?"

"God, Ana, is that what you think of me?" he sighed, "I'd never put you in such a vulnerable position."

I exhaled in relief. The last thing I needed was to have hooked up with Harry while I was totally out of it, "Good."

"That doesn't mean you didn't try, though," he teased, and I raised my eyebrows.

"You're bluffing.." I narrowed my eyes. Harry moved his hair away from his neck, showcasing a dark purple bruise just below his jaw, a glint of humor in his eyes, "I didn't do that."

"You did, but I stopped you before you could do anything else," he mused, and I groaned.

"God, I shouldn't be here," I shook my head, "I shouldn't be talking to you."