Nine

Benjamin and Noah were in the music room, Benjamin playing the piano. They had a free period, and Benjamin wanted to practice.

Noah smiles at him. "Can you sing too?"

"I don't like my singing voice. Plus it's just for fun. Not anything professional."

Noah grabs the guitar, strumming it. "Sing for me."

"Um...what song do you know how to play?"

"Ariana. No tears left to cry."

"Okay." Benjamin sits up, placing his fingers in the keys. He nods at Noah, and he begins playing.

Benjamin begins playing as well and starts singing.

Once he was done, Noah stops playing and smiled. "Wow. You have a beautiful voice."

"You're so cliche. This entire interaction is so cliche." Benjamin says.

"What can I say?" Noah smiles.

Someone walks in, smiling. "Hi, Noah!"

Benjamin looks over to see Kiara.

"So Liam Johnson is having a party tonight. Wanna come? You can bring a plus one." Kiara asks, setting her hand on Noah's shoulder.

Noah grabs her hand off his shoulder before nodding. "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

"Great! See you there." She turns to walk out of the music room.

Noah strums the guitar again before looking up at Benjamin. "So wanna go together, Benny?"

Kiara stops walking as she hears him.

Benjamin shrugs, taking his hands off the keyboard. "I don't know...parties aren't really my thing."

"Come on..it'll be boring without you," Noah begs. "You won't regret it."

"Fine...Okay." Benjamin smiles.

"Great..I'll pick you up," Noah says, setting the guitar down.

**
Noah drops Benjamin off at home after school. Benjamin walks into the kitchen, grabbing a snack.

Olivia looks up from her computer, a smile plastered on her face. "Hey. Wanna order in tonight?"

"I was actually gonna go over to Noah's house. I was invited over." Benjamin responds.

"Well. Can you change plans?"

"I already told him yes," Benjamin says. "I really don't wanna cancel."

"Alright then. Are you guys, you know? Dating?" His mom asks.

"We're not."

"Alright. And you're sure it's just his house?" Olivia asks.

Benjamin sighs. "Yes, mom. Can you please stop questioning me?"

"Okay. Have fun."

Benjamin smiles and walks away from her. He goes into his room to find a suitable outfit for tonight. Once dressed in jeans and a T-shirt,  he sits at his vanity and begins to paint his nails black. He smiles, feeling a little confident.

Once his nails were dry, he uses his phone to text Noah.

To Noah M:  this party better not suck. i wore my cute shoes.

From Noah M: aka every show you own ???

To Noah M: no. these are my good ones.