33. Engagement

The function was held on their terrace. It was huge enough for all the people around. The tent was made of sheer white net cloth with twinkle gold lights surrounding the outside of the net cloth and white crystals inside it. From afar it looked like the tent was made of golden crystal.

The stage was decorated with off-white curtains behind it, crystals and twinkle lights hanging around there too, a white two seater set for the special ones of the night. It was set up at the right corner of the terrace. The walls at this side of the terrace were curved with such design that instead of a setup stage it definitely looked like a real one.  

Wajahat was busy consoling himself. The moment they arrived there, he felt a strange sort of emptiness in him. He stepped outside his car, followed by his friends. Never once did he look up towards the archway. It reminded him of the time when he had walked a similar red carpet, the difference was, he was happy back then with happiness shining bright in his eyes. Back then he had felt that the walk was unnecessary. He thought that he should run down the red carpet and just get done with the Nikah ceremony instead of engagement.

"Wajahat?" Arqam nudged him.

"Huh?" He looked at him with eyes so empty. There were no spark of happiness in them.  For a second Arqam couldn't really say anything. 

"Ateeb!" Hisham nudged Wajahat and pointed his finger towards Ateeb, who was waiting to welcome them with a bright smile. Wajahat gave him a small smile and entered the decorated floral arch way and hugged Ateeb.
Hisham had met Ateeb in a few of their business meetings, he was well accustomed with him.

Ashraf and Fariqa had come 15 minutes earlier than them. Wajahat had arrived with Hisham and Arqam followed by Aarish and Zaigham. Ateeb led them to the terrace towards the balcony staircase. It was connected to the first floor's balcony and as well as the second floor's and joined into the terrace. The stair case was beautifully decorated with artificial white orchids and white carnations flowers with white lights accompanying the flowers.

The dress code being western for mens. Wajahat was dressed in black suit with satin collar, paired with dark grey shirt and dark blue tie. Ateeb made him sit on the empty two seater. He kept his face void of emotions but returned a polite smile to everyone who congratulated him.

Tehreem looked around to find Anaab or mehek but they were still not up here. She searched for Ateeb and found him speaking to Adal, she went near him.

"Ateeb!!" Ateeb turned around and smiled at Tehreem.

"Masha Allah someone's looking gorgeous!" He winked at her. Dressed up in  light sea green, sequined Saree with contrast white raw silk border. She indeed looked beautiful.

"Oh why you little devil." Tehreem caught hold of his ear and twisted it a little.

"Ow! Ow!! Mom! I complemented you and you're hurting me." Ateeb whined. Tehreem laughed out loud

"Ok ok! It's time to get Falak up here. Search Anaab! They might be still down there in her room." With that she strode towards the guest. Ateeb smiled at her and stepped towards the staircase.

*******

"Falak? Anaab!?" Ateeb called for them. Falak came out with little bit of Anaab's assistance. The dress was a bit heavy to handle it by herself. Ateeb's eyes sparkled with happiness and tears. He kissed her forehead and hugged her. Falak was about to cry again but Anaab's irritated sound made them laugh.

"Please Bhai, not you too. I've already worked too hard to fix her makeup." She whined with a cute expression. A few other relatives joined Falak and Anaab. Ateeb strode towards his room, he walked inside his wardrobe and opened the small drawer inside his cupboard and took out the engagemnt ring which Tehreem had given to him earlier. He was about to head upstairs when he remembered his mom's words to keep the ring in the decorated rose basket. He strode to the ground floor.

Just when Ateeb opened his mouth to call their house maid. He heard the sound of bangles in the glass living room.

"Who would be there?" He frowned, thinking. He opened the glass door and his breath stopped at the beauty in front of him. Mehek was busy decorating the basket. She had kneels down on the carpeted floor and was working on decorating the basket placed In front of her on the glass table.  She was dressed in silver-gold textured flared gown. It was cinched at the waist with a 4 inch think zari and cutdana work belt border, a boat neck pattern with light zari work and similar work at the end of her full sleeves. She looked beautiful. And when all of a sudden she smiled, she looked like a glowing flower.

Mehek, was decorating the ring basket with real flower petals. Tehreem had said that she would send the ring with Anaab. She twisted the ribbons around the corners and it turned out into a beautiful curly texture at one end of the basket. She smiled at her work. She stood up and once she was finished adjusting her dress. She grabbed hold of the basket and stepped forward. Four steps ahead and that's when she focused someone's gaze on her. She raised her eyelashes and her heart beat dropped a little.

"Oh Allah!! Why me always?" She whined in her head, she felt so nervous but couldn't stop herself from admiring her Prince charming who indeed dressed in light grey suit looked like a prince.

Ateeb moved forward and stood just mere inches away from her.

"I know it was a mistake."  Mehek's breath hitched at his words.

"Mistake!?" She whispered.

"Yes! Mistake! A very huge one of that." He said with his face void of emotions. 

Mehek stood there dumbfound at his words. For a moment she thought that he was referring to their relationship. But his eyes!! although his face was void of emotions, his eyes held a different tale of their own. She forgot to blink her eyes.

she was looking at him with a worried-confused expression. Suddenly Ateeb groaned out loud and Mehek was now even more worried.

"I shouldn't have agreed at all." He said more like muttered it to himself.

"It was the worst decision I've ever made to accept for such late wedding." He said it looking at her. Mehek stood there blinking at him.

He stepped a little more close and whispered.

"Why are you this cruel? Which each passing day you're glowing like a flower and here I'm working hard to keep myself sane." Finally his reaction dawned on Mehek. Her heart rate spiked up to the top, she tried stepping behind but Ateeb held her wrist.

"The first thing I'm gonna do tomorrow is prepone our wedding, 60 days are way too far." Mehek blushed hard but somehow a small shy smile made it's way to her lips.

"Before I go insane, I better get going." With that he grabbed hold of the white decorated ring basket and strode out leaving a blushing mehek behind.

Heyya strawberries!!

Tell me how was the chapter!!

I'm not so good with romance sweeties, please forgive me if you find it lame.

Please comment.
My requests are brutally ignored by my readers.😭💔
Have mercy sweeties, have mercy!!

I guess a little long chapter this is!
Hope you guys like it enough to reward it with your precious vote.

Please vote, comment and share.

Take care,
With lots and lots of love.
         Kiara💞