Reader x Ramsay Bolton - Left Outside Alone

A/N- This imagine is based on the song "Left Outside Alone" by Anastacia, which I adored as a child, and into my adult life. I hope you all enjoy it.

"You know, I quite enjoy visiting with you," Ramsay muttered, lounging back on a pile of hay as you continued to brush one of the horses. You had spent years in the stables, rearing the animals and training them until they were fit to be ridden by some of the most prolific Lords and Ladies. It had grown to be something that you enjoyed, and as of late Ramsay had enjoyed keeping you company as you worked, though you had often told him how distracting it was for you. You smiled over your shoulder at him, and he shot you his most charming smirk before getting to his feet. "You should take a break," he told you, his hand resting on your arms, the other pulling the brush from your hand and tossing it away from you.

"Ramsay," you started, but he raised an eyebrow at you. "My Lord," you corrected and he nodded for you to continue, "I will get in trouble if I don't finish my work."

"And who would be in charge of punishment here?" He smiled as he moved you backwards, causing you to fall onto the hay with a yelp. "Don't think about your work for now, you have much bigger things to worry about." He was already beginning to undress, not even bothering to remove his shirt before leaning over you and tearing your underclothes open.

You loved your time together, but you had slowly been getting bored of his domineering nature, and the way he would take you with little care for whether you would be caught. He could be quite vocal when he was enjoying himself, and the stables were anything but sound-proof.

Once he was finished he rolled off of you, his lips lingering on the skin of you chest for a moment before he pulled away fully, lacing his breeches and sitting up. "Perhaps I will take you as my wife, it would be nice to be able to fuck you without some beast watching us."

You sat up, straightening your skirts and sniffling slightly as you got to your feet. "It would be an honour, My Lord," you told him softly, though the words weren't truthful, but instead just what he would want to hear. At that moment, you hadn't believed what he was telling you, you hadn't believed that you could even be considered as the wife of a Lord, but soon enough you had grown to trust him. You believed the words he whispered in your ear as he spent himself inside of you, and you had fallen in love with him.

*Time Skip*

You were smiling as you hurried around the stables, doing the last few jobs before you could return to your bed and sleep the whole night through. Granted, you would have to be up early in the morning, but if you were lucky Ramsay would be able to sneak out and visit you. You don't know exactly when it had come to happen, but you had grown to enjoy the time Ramsay spent bothering you, knowing that he enjoyed your company only made it better, and soon enough he was coming to see you in the stables daily.

His promises were constant, his promise to marry you, to have you in his own bed, to put a child in you. You couldn't say you didn't like it, the way he told you them just made you feel cherished, loved by the man, who you had been led to believe, loved no one but himself.

You were humming to yourself when you finally heard the stable doors creak open, allowing someone to slip through the gap. "Good evening," you called out, spinning round to look at the intruder only for your smile to drop from your lips.

"Good evening, Y/N." Roose Bolton was an imposing figure at the best of times, but standing in the doorway with the shadows hiding his expressionless face made him seem even more terrifying. "It seems we have something to discuss," he continued, moving further into the room and letting the door clatter shut.

"Is there, M'Lord?" you asked him in confusion, stepping closer to him with a smile forced onto your lips.

"Don't act all coy and innocent, we both know that Ramsay has been visiting you," he told you quietly, standing as still as a tree as you watched him. "What is it he offered you? Money? A home?" You shook your head at his words.

"Ramsay and I, it's not like that," you started, grabbing on of the brushes off of the wall and beginning to run it over the coat of the nearest horse.

"It never is," he muttered, taking another step into the room and causing you to glance up at him, "Ramsay has never been very good at being honest, especially not where his cock is involved," he added, "And believe me, this isn't the first time I have had to break a woman's heart for him, but he is to be married to a Lady once he is legitimised."

You were silent for a moment, watching his face for any signs of a lie. Somewhere deep in your heart you had known that he had never actually loved you, but you had allowed yourself to be dragged in to his games nonetheless. "Please may I be excused, Lord Bolton?" you asked, attempting to hold back tears as you glanced at the floor.

"Take the rest of the day off," he told you, gesturing at the door behind him and stepping out of your way. "But if you aren't here in the morning, don't bother coming back," he added, his hand griping on to your shoulder for a moment before releasing you.

"Yes, My Lord," you answered quickly before hurrying away into the courtyard. You could feel eyes on you as you bit back sobs, shoving past anyone who got in your way.

"Y/N?" The sound of him saying your name made you feel sick, the way he made it sound as though he cared. "Y/N, what's the matter?" he continued falling in to step beside you.

You glanced around you for a moment before ducking into an empty ally way, bringing him with you. "You couldn't even tell me yourself? I thought you were better than that," you mumbled, folding your arms across your chest and looking away in an attempt to hide your wet eyes.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, moving closer and letting his hands linger on your arm for a moment until you looked up at him with anger in your eyes. You had never been angry with Ramsay before; he had annoyed you plenty of times but you had always dropped the issue before you could be truly angry.

"And gods, sending your father, do you know how humiliating that is?" He looked baffled and you felt the tears well up again.

"What did he say to you?" he asked you softly, moving closer once again only for you to shake your head. "Y/N, what is it that my Father said to upset you?" This time his voice was far more demanding and you glanced up at him, the tears finally escaping your eyes and making tracks down your face.

"Don't make me say it," you cried out, reaching forward and falling into him for a moment, before remembering why you were so upset. He held you to him, even when you tensed slightly, his chin resting on top of your head.

"Tell me."

"You are to be married, as soon as he has you legitimised, to some Lady or other." You let out a bitter laugh, shaking your head where it rested against his chest. "He said you didn't love me," you added and you felt his arms tighten around you.

"It's true, I will have to marry a highborn lady, but that doesn't mean I don't love you," he told you, his voice so soft that it seemed alien to you.

"You promised me," you uttered against him, the tears causing you to let out a sob, "You said you would marry me, and that we would be together."

"I'm sorry, My Love, but it just can't be that way." You shoved him away from you, wriggling out of his arms and staring at him in disbelief.

"I can not keep spending time with you knowing that you will be bedding someone else, that you will be married to someone else." You sniffled for a moment before looking into his eyes, "I'm sorry," you muttered, pushing past him and out into the courtyard, hoping to get as far from Ramsay as you possibly could.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x