Chapter 16: Siren's Call

A/N: The music is essential to the chapter btw.

"You can open your eyes now, Young Miss."

Hearing Ana's words, I raised my eyelids and found myself looking directly at my reflection. Light blush, soft pink coloured lips like a freshly blooming flower and minimal blue eyeshadow to line the bottom edge of my eyes. Safe to say, since I'm only seven years old, my makeup isn't heavy, but... 'Velloa' really is pretty. My past self can at least rest easy when it comes to something like looks, huh...

Trying hard not to make a wry expression, I gave Ana my thanks and hopped off my seat. I admired myself on the luxurious full-body vanity mirrors. With no shame, I angled myself here and there as I appreciated the workmanship on my outfit. The dance outfit consisted of an azure halter top, which revealed my lower abdomen, with loose chiffon sleeves and similarly coloured harem pants (although the crotch area is higher than the traditional ones from my past life); the bottom of my halter top (as well as the top of my pants) were lined with silver embroidery. This reminds me of a certain Arabian princess...

From behind, a figure suddenly lifted me up and I was abruptly face to face with a certain midnight blue-haired individual. "You are indeed like that of a princess."

Trying my best to swallow down the retort that immediately came to mind, I simply smiled at his teasing. Opting to readjust his head jewellery with a meaningful gaze. Cain has increased the amount of time he's teasing me, recently...

Chuckling, Cain turned towards my family. "Shall we?"

With those words, Father nodded, and everyone assembled in order to make their way to the hall that the celebrations were taking place. Father lead the way, with two knights by his side, his robe (or mantle?) flowed regally behind him; its colour the kind of blue that were associated with royals in my past life, the Imitheos family's symbol was proudly embroidered on it with silver thread.

Cain and Virgil had removed their cloaks as well, their dance outfits similar to mine. The differences were the simple fact that their crop tops hung loosely on their forms, and that their colours were midnight blue and light indigo respectively. Virgil's long hair was also styled into a side fishtail braid with a silver chain of aquamarine gems and diamonds wonderfully weaved into the braid. Both males had minimal makeup, the bottom edge of their eyes lined with their respective colours in a style similar to mine.

What a good-looking bunch we have here...

Before I knew it, we arrived before a pair of incredibly grand and extravagant mahogany doors. Upon sight of our group, the two knights by each door handle pulled open the doors, and with a slight bow, they indicated for us to enter. Wide-eyed, I took in the sight of the high ceiling, bright lights and colours as we entered the celebratory hall.

As we stepped foot, a butler announced our arrival. "Grande Imitheos, Hakoda and his wife Beorn Imitheos, Ahkua!"

My grip on Cain's shoulders tightened as the sights of many nobles turned to us. Father and Mother both donned neutral expressions as we walked towards a circular stage in the middle of the hall. As we made our way, the crowd parted for us. I realized that the chattering had died down to murmuring, but decided not to pay too much heed to that fact. When we ascended onto the circular stage, I caught sight of the Imperare sitting on his mighty throne.

The sovereign of Ogygia looked quite young with his short blonde hair, crimson eyes and slender figure. He too was wearing a scarlet mantle akin to Father's; his throne and mantle were dyed the kind of red you would expect to see for royalty. On his right was his wife, the Vis-Imperare and this army's lead general, Dahlia Fermittler. With her long and luscious jade coloured hair, and her mature beauty, I can see why she and Mother can get along and be close friends. As for the person seated on the Imperare's left, a rather antsy looking white-haired and crimson-eyed seven year old was being calmed by a maid, and this person is none other than the Crown-Infante, Kai Regieren.