four | 4

re·al·i·za·tion

Harry.

Shit.

How did she do that?

No one has ever been able to just read my life the way she did. It almost felt like she knew everything about me; even though, she has no absolutely idea who I am. If it weren't for me, she wouldn't have known my name - my full name, that is. You messed shit up, Styles.

I didn't know what I wanted to do. Normally I would have stayed out here a little bit longer, but I needed something else. I wanted to forget more. She was going to be a problem, and somehow, I had a feeling she wasn't going to leave me be. It was the last thing I wanted. Six bloody months and I don't want to do anything anymore. All I wanted was another smoke, but a cigarette wasn't going to cut it this time.

I made my way through the dark streets, heading back to my car. I drove to the place where I needed to go the most. It was only a twenty minute drive, but it felt like a damn eternity. My hands put the gear into park, I locked the car, and went inside.

As usual I was greeted by two women wearing the shortest, and tiniest, of outfits. Each of them willing to be paid anything just to be with any man that stepped foot in this room. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them, and they knew that. There were so many times, I'd almost slip, and take one home with me; but somehow, I always stopped myself.

"Styles, back so soon? What'd ya have, bad night?" Niall greeted me.

Him and I, we've always been mates and used to live in England. He was Irish and is mum was always friends with my own. We met in primary school and practically grew up together. His brown hair and bright blue eyes, always made the girls swoon over him - might've also been the accent too. All of those put together, might be the reason why he hasn't settled down yet. He should probably do that; being 28 and not in a serious relationship, isn't the best. I guess. Then again, maybe not. I'm not one to really judge a person; but I felt that he was close to wanting to settle down. He wasn't a player, but he also wasn't a serious relationship man.

We were never bad kids - at least, I wasn't. He was a damn troublemaker, but always had a good heart. As the years went by though, like the good friend I am, I dragged him down into this shit-hole. My reason: I simply didn't want to be alone. The weird thing about everything though, was that he was the one that found out about this place many months ago. Here we are today, in the same pit; but this time, it's my fault.

"Yeah, I guess you could say so." I slid onto the chair, right in front of the poker table. This was my life.

"There's always a way to change that." He grinned widely. "Mate, I think we need a whiskey 'ere."

Not even minutes after, a short glass was in plain sight. Without a second thought, I took a sip from my drink. I looked up at everything around me, taking in my negative surroundings.

"Roll or the good stuff?" Niall asked me, with a wide grin was always placed on his face. Whether it was for something harmful or the complete opposite, he couldn't help but smile. Niall occasionally playfully suggested them for me, but he never did drugs though - he wouldn't even get a tattoo with me.

I remember the first time we set foot in a tattoo parlour, he was so determined to 'man up' - his words, not mine. Of course, that didn't happen. After he watched me get my first one, he took one look at the needle, and was out the door before you could count to five. I still laugh at him until this very day. He's grown tired of me though - so he says. I truly hope not, though.

Drugs though, that's a whole other story. We both first tried weed at a house party when we were in university, and to the both of us, worst mistakes of our lives. Not the best thing, considering what I was majoring in either. It's safe to say that we never tried it again. That same house party was when we met Liam and Dylan. The two most laid back men on campus; both with brown hair and brown eyes. Their build, quite similar. Some people thought they were fraternal twins, but they weren't. Just two close friends who also met in the same year. I can't remember which though.