Transfiguration Class

For the next few days, she generally stuck around Sirius. She didn't know what it was, but being around him made her feel happy - which was a rare thing to come by, knowing that her father might die and her mother is missing. Sirius didn't question her sudden change in mood, which she was glad for, because he most certainly wondered why she wasn't acting mischievious or cheerful anymore. Instead, she sulked, didn't really smile all that much, and kept quiet most of the time. However, Sirius seemed to recognize that she didn't want to talk about it, and usually didn't pressure her into anything. In fact, he was taking their new...relationship...pretty slow. It was clear that the two had feelings for each other - she showed that when she kissed his cheek and how she always gravitates towards him - but Sirius wanted to show her that she wasn't just another one of his flings he has with random students. She was grateful for that.

Today was slightly better, though, as she was planning a trip into Heaven to see what the fuck was going on up there and ask if anyone had seen Azrael. But first, she had to get through the day's classes. First up, she had Transfiguration with the rest of the Marauders and Lily. Abigail had gotten along great with Lily ever since their first year, the two kind of have to, as they share a room together with Lay. Anyway, as she entered the room with her bag slung over her shoulder, her neon green eyes surveyed the room. Lily was sitting with her other friends - Molly, Marlene, Hanna, Severus, and another Slytherin girl she had never met - so she settled for the empty table at the very back. She put her bag beneath her feet, crossing her arms on the table before resting her chin on her hands as she stared up at the front of the classroom.

Professor McGonagall was sitting at her desk, flipping through a few pages of a large book while a quill floated beside her over a piece of parchment paper, periodically scribbling something down on the paper. There was a lot of writing on the chalkboard at the front of the room, symbols in different colors littering the green surface.

Her eyes gradually floated over to the door to see the four Marauders saunter in, laughing at some joke that Sirius made that ended in "Flobberworm". Sirius caught her gaze, smiling at her before leading his friends to her table. Sirius and James sat on either side of her, while Peter and Remus sat across from her.

"Hey, you feeling better?" Sirius asked with a tone of caution in his voice as Professor McGonagall stood up and began the lesson.

"Yeah, thanks for asking." She said with a small smile. Abigail reached into her bag, pulling out a sheet of parchment and a quill, waving her wand over the quill before it stuck straight up and started writing the important bits down.

"Hey, Abby, I was wondering if you wanted to help us with a prank against the Trickster? We've been itching to get him back, and you seem like the mischievous type." She raised an eyebrow at James.

"What happened to despising me?" She asked with a playful smirk.

"I've been told by all my friends that it was my fault, so I'm trying to let it go." He replied with a tight smile - obviously forced.

"Of course I'll help. Have you got anything planned?" She asked, watching with curious eyes as Remus pulled out a piece of parchment paper with a list of stuff written on it and pushed it over to her.

"Well, we know that they're a Slytherin..." she mentally scoffed at that - just because someone likes the color green doesn't mean that they're automatically a Slytherin - but didn't let anything escape her mouth as Sirius continued, "so that means if we can prank the whole Slytherin table, we should be able to get the Trickster in there as well."

"And at the moment," Remus added, tapping his finger on the page, "we only have a recipe for a long-lasting stink-bomb potion and an instant hair dye potion that changes the target's hair color based on mood."

"Huh, smart...I'll tell you what," she reached into her robes, pulling out a small notebook and starting to flip through it. None of the Marauders could read it - it was written in Norse, after all - but they still looked at it curiously. She finally stopped at a certain page with the word "Htulr" (potions) written at the top. Her eyes scanned the page quickly before she nodded in approval. "This potion makes the person's voice sound like a chipmunk," she tore the page out, a new page with the exact same Norse writing appearing in its place. She flipped a few pages, read it, before tearing out another page to have the same thing happen once more, "and this one gives the target slimy, purple skin." Abigail then tapped her wand on the two pages, the words instantly being translated into English before she let Remus read them over.

"Wow, where'd you get these?" Remus finally asked, passing the pages to Sirius after he looked over to Abigail. As she met his eyes, she realized how pale and sickly he seemed. She could tell that he was trying to hide it, and he was doing a pretty good job at it, but he did cough every now and again, leading to some sympathetic glances from the other Marauders.

"I made them. I just tweaked a few transfiguration spells." For the moment, she would ignore whatever this is.

"Have I ever told you that you're amazing?" Sirius suddenly said, looking down at her with a hint of awe in his light grey eyes. A light pink color dusted her cheeks as she looked back down at the table. She heard him chuckling lightly, which made her cheeks redden further.

"Mr. Black, do you find something funny?" Professor McGonagall suddenly said, raising an eyebrow at Sirius.

"Nope, sorry Professor." Minerva rolled her eyes, pointing her wand back at the chalkboard to continue the lesson.

"Do something fun with them, alright? I usually don't like to share my stuff, but you lot might make good use of it." She gave them each a slight smile, her eyes averting back to the piece of parchment with all her notes from the class written on it. She suddenly looked up as Remus' head dipped down, his eyes closing momentarily. "Ok, I can't ignore it. What's up with you?" She said, poking Remus' arm. He jolted awake, blinking a few times before looking at her quizzically.

"Uhm, he's ill." That was a lie.

"Yeah, I have a weak immune system..." Remus added though she could tell both of them were lying.

"Oh? Well, I hope you get better, mate." Her gaze lingered on him for a few seconds, but let it go as she reached up and grabbed the floating quill. Abigail started doodling a little wolf in the corner of her paper that blinked green before it started prancing around the page. When the class finally ended, she put everything away and slung her bag over her shoulder as she followed the Marauders out of the classroom and into the busy hall. Peter, Remus, and James went up ahead while Sirius and Abigail walked side-by-side.

"Hey, Abby, are you free tonight? I want to bring you to Hogsmeade. There's a secret passageway there that I could show you." Sirius asked, glancing down at her. Her heart deflated slightly, wishing she could spend time with him.

"No, I'm sorry...I wish I could...How about tomorrow?" She replied hopefully.

"Damn it...I'm not free...Listen, I will take a raincheck on that, alright?" She nodded, smiling up at him as the two ran to catch up with the other Marauders. Remus started coughing again, prompting the boy to lean up against James' side.

"You guys go on up ahead, I'm going to bring him to Poppy." They nodded, continuing on ahead. Abigail, however, stared quizzically after James and Remus, her eyes flashing gold as she started breaking into their minds. She pulled her mind out, however, shaking her head and catching up to Sirius. If they were hiding something from her, they would choose what time to tell her. And if they never did...well then that's their choice.