twenty eight

I hated waiting. I'm a very impatient person- Always have been and i guess always will be. But what makes the wait even more unbearable is I have no idea what's going on. Although that would kind off be my own fault. I really need to start thinking about the consequence's to my actions and how they are going to effect my life and decisions.

I shouldn't be having to wait here at home as patiently as i can manage to find out what's going on with Stefan, Damon and Elena.

After Damon had spoken to Jeremy about the journal and his friend Anna, he took off with to the grill, throwing me one last confused look before muttering that he'll be back later. And then there's Stefan and Elena.

They were up to something, that much was obvious. Elena had this look in here eye when being spoken to, as if her mind is elsewhere. I guess she could just be thinking about the tomb that Damon wants so badly to open, but she becomes twitchy when speaking to Damon. Stefan on the other hand is avoiding him -Subtly of course- but still slightly noticeable. I think Damon's noticed it as well, that could be the reason he insisted on taking Jeremy alone. And as soon as he was out the house, Stefan and Elena immediatly grabbed their things and made a beeline to the door. Only stopping long enough to explain that they were going out. I was more than willing to help but for some reason everything was against me today. Stefan and Elena didn't even get the chance to turn down my offer, before Jenna walked in the front door, glanced betweeen the three of us and shook her head at me. Elena and Stefan took that moments distraction to slip outside and into the car, leaving me alone with Jenna.

Jenna had instisted that I stay home tonight as I havent really spent one night in since being back home. I tried to argue but she just shot me down immediatly.

And that's what led to me playing the 'Waiting game.'

Two and a half hours, I've been pacing, laying, tapping around my room to distract myself.

I was just sprawled over the end of  my bed when a cold breeze swirled around me. I lifted my head to look around, my eyes immediatly finding Damon. He stood ridged and stiff, his eyes angry as they watched me.

I was hesitant to move. What have I done? I asked myself as I pushed myself up into a seated position, crossing my legs indian style. Damon didn't say anything, he was just silent, so I took this time to observe him. My eyes skimming over his figure and narrowing at a dark-brown-old-leather-bound book. 

Damon noticed where I was looking and his fingers tightened their hold on it, the skin turning white.

"Did you know?" He asked. His voice was low, almost a whisper but it was demanding.

I frowned. "Know? Know what?"

His eyes narrowed. "Did you know where this was buried the whole time?"

I was confused. "Buried? I thought someone had stolen the journal, why was it buried?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

Damon took a threatening step forward towards me. "It's a grimoir. It's what I was looking for the whole time. The only reason I needed the journal in the first place was to find out where it had been buried." Damon lifted up the old book. "This is what opens the tomb...Now, did you or did you not know where this was?"

I shook my head rapidly. "No!-I mean Technically. I've read the whole of that journal, I knew where it was buried." The anger in Damon's eyes flared up. I stood up quickly and continued on before he could get in any words. "But you didn't tell me what you were looking for in it! I would have told you, had you actually said something." I stopped to take a breath and then looked back up at Damon curiously. "If the journal had been stolen then how did you find that?" I asked, pointing down to the book in his hand.