twenty nine

No one answered me. They all stayed silent. Elena hadn't taken her eyes off of Stefan and his gaze kept switching between me and Elena. Bonnie and Sheila both looked at each other guiltily and automatically I knew that they had done something wrong.

"Where's Damon?" I asked as I observed the room. Not being able to spot him at all. A bad feeling began to erupt within my stomach when no one answered.

"Where. Is. Damon?"

"He still inside -searching for Katherine." Stefan answered quietly from where he stood.

I walked down the last step. "What was all of the shouting about?"

Elena, Bonnie and Sheila all glanced over at Stefan standing in the tomb doorway. I did the same and frowned.

"Stefan?" I asked quietly. "What's wrong?"

Stefan looked at me for a few moments before dropping the gaze to the floor. "The tomb spell wasn't lifted completely. Bonnie and Sheila -erm,  only opened the tomb; allowing us to get inside." Stefan paused and looked straight at me again. "But not out."

It felt like my heart stopped in that second. Stefan and Damon were trapped, they're never getting out.

"What?" I whispered.

"Lillie, I'm sorr-"

"What did you do!" I shrieked angrily, cutting Bonnies apology off. "You did this on purpose!"

Bonnie took a couple of steps closer but Sheila held her arm back. Bonnie looked down ashamed. "Damon's dangerous. He kills people for fun, Lillie." She said.

I glanced over at Stefan who was already watching me, curiously -then glanced back over to Bonnie. I could feel my fingers shaking with anger and betrayal. I thought that I could trust her. I thought that she was my friend.

I narrowed my eyes. "And what about Stefan -huh? He's been nothing but a friend to you, he's helped you, kept your magic a secret when you didn't want anyone to know-to think you were a freak! And this is how you repay him, by locking him and his brother inside a tomb to dessicate." I scoffed. "I can't believe you."

Bonnie's eyes hardened. "I never meant for Stefan to get caught in there. He went in to save Elena, I didn't have time to tell him until they got back here. I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "Sorry isn't enough. Fix it." I demanded.

Bonnie looked over at Sheila frantically. "I don't know how."

Sheila sighed. "I do. Although I wont be able to hold it very long. If Damon's coming out, you need to get him now."

Stefan nodded with a grateful smile before dissapearing back inside the tomb. I turned to Sheila. "Thank you."

She didn't say anything, just gripped ahold of Bonnies hands and began reciting some Latin words.

Flames erupted around the edge of the room, flickering madly. The orange tinged flames seemed to grew higher as Sheila and Bonnie began to chant louder. Their eyes went shut tight and their mouths were moving rapidly, words spilling from there lips that I couldn't even make out. Elena kept peering over at the tomb door, waiting anxiously for Stefan to make his way back through. I was too. I was scared that neither of them are going to make it out in time. And I couldn't let that happen.

I knew what I had to do, and my nerve were on edge. My eyes darted over to Bonnie and Sheila, who were both gripping tightly at each other, eye still shut, the Latin words still slipping from their mouths. I glanced over to Elena who was fiddling with her fingers.