Day 0: Projects & Partners

D a w n :

I smoothed my hair back down, peeking out of the closet to see if anybody was lingering in the hallway or classroom.

"Is it clear?"

I nodded, pulling down my dress before I stepped out of the closet, walking away from it as fast as possible.

"Hey, wait up!"

I heard Tripp calling to me, but I ignored it until I heard a crash and the clattering of metal on metal that followed it. I turned around to see Trip's foot caught in a trombone, in the middle of the classroom.

This is why it's not good to hook up in the band closet. Noted.

I ran back, pushing him inside and turning on the lights in the closet.

The harsh light greeted us and I scrambled trying as fast as humanly possible to get him unstuck from the trombone and out of the closet before the class period ended.

"Sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen." Tripp said.

I looked up at him, chuckling. "You know, for somebody on the basketball team, I thought you'd be less of a klutz."

He laughed at that, finally pulling his foot free. "Yeah well, so did I but I was blessed with large feet." He stood up, opening the door. "Come on, let's go before someone comes in."

We left the closet and the classroom as fast as possible, parting ways when we got to the hallway. I turned to go to my next, class but he stopped, me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

Oh great. I thought, this part was always annoying because it happened every single time with every single boy and I just don't see how they don't seem to get it.

"Are we gonna do this again sometime?" He asked.

Probably not.

"I don't know, we'll see." I said, giving him a smile before I left to go to my class, right as the bell rang and students started to fill up the hallway.

It's not that I'm embarrassed by what I do, because I'm pretty sure people know, but I'm not the kind of girl who goes around parading the guys she's with. If I find someone attractive and something happens to take place, that's between me and the guy.

I try not to let them get attached, which is hard with some boys, but others get the gist and are easier to handle.

I picked up my backpack from my locker, rushing to my next class, home economics.

I walked in, thankfully before the bell rang and made my way to the back of the classroom, sitting next to my friend Daryll.

"Hey what's up?" He said, smiling at me.

I sat down, dropping my bag onto the desk. "Hey, my day has been a total bust, I completely forgot that I had homework in environmental science and so I rushed to do it during lunch and I'm pretty sure I turned in two pages of complete bullshit."

Daryll laughed at that.

"It's not funny, my parents are going to be pissed when they see it, meaning I'll have to grovel for their forgiveness if I want a social life anymore."

"I don't understand why they're so strict, you're already a math tutor for people in our own grade, you do excellent, why would one bad assignment be so terrible?" He asked.