Chapter Fifty Four

"Where are we going?" I asked as I hooked my hand around Chen Mu's neck. Without warning, he swept me off the bed and carried me towards the door.

"Home."

"But its already night time."

"Mm..."

"We need to say our farewell to the royal concubine," I reminded him, "Mother will worry if she finds out I was gone."

"I'll send her a message tomorrow."

"Okay," I said in defeat and cleared my throat, "You can put me down then. I can walk."

"As a show of my gratitude for inconveniencing you to marry me, let me carry you." Chen Mu answered with a monotonous voice.

I wanted to cry.

Xiao Yu, why didn't you warn me?

I don't know what kind of bad spirit had taken over me to speak those words earlier. Now, my rambling had caused me trouble.

"Mu Mu..." I uttered in my sweetest voice, trying to coax the man carrying me.

"Mm..."

"You know I was only joking, right?" I let out an awkward laugh.

No answer.

Chen Mu let me down when we arrived at the carriage. He opened the door for me and ushered me in. He followed and sat right in front of me.

So how do I save myself now?

I shifted on my seat as I watched the expressionless face of Chen Mu. He had his eyes closed, his head leaning on his hand which was prodded on the window sill.

"Mu Mu..."

Chen Mu didn't budge.

I don't think he's sleeping so is he purposefully ignoring me?

"Mu Mu?" I reached out my hand and poked his shoulder.

Still no answer.

"About earlier..."

Ahh, what did I get myself into?

"Mu Mu is the most handsome man in this entire empire!" I proclaimed with a loud voice.

I'm sure the servants accompanying us outside the carriage heard my statement but I couldn't care less. I need to save myself, my dignity can wait in the corner.

"The pretty boys of this empire can't compare to the first prince!"

"Prince Chen Mu is superior, the epitome of manliness, the greatest man alive, the..."

What else should I say?

"The... The... Leonardo DiCaprio of this era!"

Chen Mu opened his eyes and looked at me weirdly, "Leonardo DiCaprio?"

I profusely nodded my head and tried to remember one of the official sound tracks of the titanic movie, "Near, far, wherever you are! I believe that the heart does go on! Once more, you open the door..."

Chen Mu's confusion was clearly  painted on his solemn face but I was glad he was not ignoring me anymore.

"How was my singing?" I asked, wanting to change the topic.

"It was.." Chen Mu paused for a while, as if he had to think hard about it, "unique."

Unique? Is that a compliment?

"Should I sing for you again?" I muttered as I was already thinking of famous ballad love songs from the future. If I can distract him with my 'unique' singing, then so be it.

"Mm..."

I took a deep breath and was about to sing again when there was a knock in the carriage door.

"Master, madam, we arrived." A servant announced.

Chen Mu went out of the carriage and held his hand for me to hold on. With a flushed cheek, I took his hand and jumped out of the carriage. Without looking back, I went straight to my courtyard. I have embarrassed myself so much today. I could only hide in the four corners of my room.

Before I could lock the door, Chen Mu entered my room as well. I quietly made my way on the bed and sat on its edge. Chen Mu approached me and kneeled in front of me, his hands resting on my knees, "Fan'er..."

"Yes?"

"Who are these pretty boys you were talking about?"

"Pretty boys? I don't know any pretty boys." I shook my head in denial.

My pretty boys, hide.

Chen Mu cocked his eyebrows, "are you sure?"

Wait... Is he...

"Are you jealous?" I asked.

Chen Mu stood up and pushed me down the bed. He climbed up the bed as well and went on top of me, his knees cornering my hips in place.

"What are you doing?" I asked in panic, raising my hands in defense.

"Thanking you."

"Thanking me?"

Chen Mu's lips tugged upward, "To show you my gratitude for marrying me instead of those pretty boys."

I choked.

"Chen Mu, you don't have to," I tried to wriggle out of his hold but my effort was in vain, "I mean, don't worry about it."

"Riu..."

Chen Mu summoned his shadow guard. Riu appeared with his back facing us,not dating to give us a glance.

"Master..."

"No one is allowed to come within fifty meters. Whoever dares to make their way in here..." Chen Mu ordered, "Kill."

Riu nodded, disappeared in the darkness and I was left with a gaping mouth.

"Chen Mu, I..." I stuttered.

My heart was pounding so hard, my mind was throwing warning signs.

"Fan'er, I don't want you to think that this prince is shameless. Of course, I need to repay your kindness." Chen Mu declared with a teasing voice as he leaned forward. His face closing in the distance between us that I can feel his breath fanning my skin.

"Are you ready?"

Blood rushed up my body, my sight becoming a bit hazy as my breaths turned shallow.

"I..."

Before I could speak, Chen Mu's lips closed in on my mouth, cutting off the words stuck in my throat. In response, I closed my eyes and opened my mouth for him.

His hands started to wonder, awakening the sensitivity of my skin, the familiar touch was welcomed with a moan of bliss.

His mouth continued to engulf mine, his tongue exploring every nook. I shivered when I felt the cool wind touch my exposed skin. I didn't even noticed how he managed to take of my layered dress. Feeling my trembling body beneath his, he pulled the quilt blanket upwards.

"There's no going back now. You are mine."

Chen Mu breathed into my ears then sealed my lips once again, claiming me as his.