Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Take a moment and tap that little orange star! :)

Enjoy Reading! ;)

Emily's POV.

He froze when I said those words. I looked at him to see his expressions but his shocked expression just stayed for a second and it turned into his practice poker face.

Tears pooled into my eyes but I blinked them. "I like you. So much". I whispered.

After a few seconds and we were still looking at each other.

I don't know why I did the next thing, probably because of the alcohol in my system.

I moved forward and placed my lips on his. Slowly kissing him. And it...felt so right. I felt sparks. But I stopped as I realized that he was not kissing me back. I backed away as embarrassment hit me like a truck.

The rejection bought tears into my eyes. I tried to hold them not wanting to embarrass myself further.

Not only I felt rejected but embarrassed as hell too.

I didn't look at his eyes, afraid to see what the reaction would be in it. Disgusted? I looked down. "Uh-I am. I am sorry".

I turned away from him and was ready to go when he held my wrist and turned me back. I looked at him and he was looking at me with an expression, I could not quite decipher.

He raised his hand and held my chin in his hand and before I could even react his lips were on mine. Kissing me. I didn't even miss a second to response. We kissed slowly and passionately but soon it turned into a fierce one. I could feel my heart exploding. Our tongues mingling. I could literally feel the fireworks around us.

We pulled back after I don't know how long, panting for breath.

Before I could even say anything. He stepped back. I looked at him and was about to talk when he raised his hand indicating me to stop.

"I am sorry. I regret it. I should not have done that. You are my assistant". He said and whatever little alcohol was in my system vanished and I instantly sobered.

What?

He regrets it?

Assistant?

He was about to go back to whatever hole he crawled out of when I stopped him. "How dare you!". I shouted and he turned back and looked at me.

"How dare you!". I moved forward towards him. My eyes blazing with fire looking at his equally cold eyes. "How dare you say that! After you kissed me like that!". I punched his chest repeatedly tears flooding my eyes like a niagra fall ruining my makeup.

But I could not care about that.

I was still hitting on his chest when he held my wrists. "I can do whatever I want". He said slowly.

"Why are you so hung upon that? It was just a kiss! Nothing more. I sex with different women everyday and don't care about that. There is no need to make a big deal out of a stupid kiss. And I will make sure to not kiss my secretary again". He said coldly.

What?

Just a kiss?

Big deal?

Stupid kiss?

"You-you are an asshole! You are an asshole daniel! A stupid asshole!" I shouted at him while he looked bored.

"You are an asshole". I whispered as I shook my head. I walked out on him and started walking.