Chapter 32

§
Chapter 32
Right person wrong time
§

I couldnt be any more greatful today was friday, though i had no plans for today i was just beginibg to get drained from classes, projects and homework. Walking into aa cultural politics seeing ms.scott look stressed was something that definately caught my sttention. I had actually gotten close with her since she was more like a friend then a teacher we had lunch a few times on her lunch break and even helped her get organized for her classes.

"Everything alright?" I ask and she looks up from her phone quickly locking it and dabbing at her makeup.

"Y-yeah" she stutters pulling a mirror out blocking her face and i assume shes fixing her makeup.

"Total lie, i thought southerners never lie" i joke quoting her and she lets out a small laugh adjusting her hair and placing her mirror down but i could see her eyes were still cloudy as if she was about to cry.

"Just...missing home. Im so use to southern hospitality, the clothes, the fashion, the food places up here i feel lost...like a outsider i dont know where anything is and the people are so closed off" she complains and i nod understanding the feeling, not that i ever felt home sick because i havent been back to wakanda since i left 6 years ago but i understand the transition of being familiar to feeling like an outsider.

"I definately understand as you can tell by my light accent im not from here either, it did take some time to adjust and make D.C a home for me. I could show you some places i like to eat and shop if thats not over stepping any boundaries" i suggest holding my bag tighter since these text books were begining to weigh it down.

"What boundaries? Were both grown" she tells me and we exchange numbers and we talk a little bit more about ourselves so its not awkward when we go out and we only talk about class. Its not long before everybody starts coming in with loud chatter and taking their seats which i quickly slide into mine. The girl who made the rude comment avoids eye contact but i can see her clothes are no longer to small but actually fit.

"Im telling you she's a lesbian, Malika and she probably has her eyes set on you" Juel says and i give her a blank stare. Juel swore everyone was gay until they married a man and even then she was still skeptical about some because 'who would willingly marry a man when its all these women out here'.

Rolling my eyes i dont even respond to her and i open my laptop ready to get into todays lecture.

Over the next two months i spend every weekend going out with Ms.scott or Vi, short for violet doing things let shopping, getting our nails done, going our for lunch and dinner for when she has long teaching nights.

"I dont know Vi, i just want something new i feel like everything is just so boring and the same i need something...new" i complain spinning around in the makeup vanity chair in her house and she looks up from the papers shes grading with her purple gel pen.

"New clothes?" She questions haphazardly flipping over the papers and i groan at the obvious lack of attention making her grin as she switches to her red pen marking a wrong answer.

"Its not my clothes that need a change i already did that i dont know...im just tired of the same thing" i sigh spinning around in the chair while slouching running my hands through my unruly jet black curls.

"What about a hair cut?" She ask licking her lips and i send her a crazy look. Never have i ever cut my hair i mean i may have trimmed my ends and even got layers when i was younger but my hair was my pride and joy, my baby i couldnt just cut it!