Chapter 9

AnnaBelle

Harry had made me a sandwich for breakfast, explaining that cereal is unhealthy and whole wheat bread with cheese, lettuce, and tomato would be good for my health. What I didn't quite understand was why Harry wanted me to be healthy, but nevertheless I was starving from barely eating the previous day and ate the sandwich without protest.

Harry had gone into the other room to call someone on his phone while I ate my breakfast, and when I finished it within a few minutes, I began to examine all of the marks on my body. I had never seen anyone with this many hickeys before, let alone myself. I suppose there's a first time for everything, but this, this was inhumane and simply strange. There was a large hickey on the top of my right hand's wrist that was beginning to slightly scab, yet not one on the other wrist. Weirdly enough, my whole left arm was bare of any hickeys, unlike my right.

"Yeah, today, can you come over?" I had been wondering who Harry was talking to from the second he left the kitchen on his cell phone. His kitchen was different from the dining room, more modernized with a counter top in the middle that had stools to sit on and to eat at.

"Okay, ten?" Harry might've left the room, but he was still only a few yards away, leaving me to be able to hear his end of the conversation.

"Yeah, the one we discussed. Alright, I've got to go, bye."

I was more than tempted to pick the scab on the top of my wrist, although I knew that'd only disrupt the healing process. Before I even had the chance to debate it further, Harry was entering the kitchen, running his hands through his hair in frustration before turning to me.

"Are you done?" He asked, glancing at the empty plate in front of me.

"Yeah." I muttered quietly, not bothering to look up again, but instead keeping my gaze on my wrist.

"Alright, we've got to get going." Harry spoke, waiting for me to reply.

"Get going where?"

"You'll see." Harry seemed to be dreading informing me of where exactly we were going, and to be honest, I didn't really care. My dishes were brought to the sink while Harry left the room to get me a coat. When he returned, I was surprised to see my coat in his hands, a black North Face but nevertheless, my coat.

"Do you want a hat?" Harry frowned at the way there was no hood on my jacket.

"No, I'll be fine." I shrugged, accepting my coat from his hands before pulling it on.

Harry had gotten me shoes, ones that were mine and caused me to wonder how he had them to begin with. He was quick to pull an arm around my waist as he lead us towards a door that wasn't the front one, but instead one at the other end of his house and had steps after it. I realized it was a garage when I found two cars parked in there, both looking to belong to a guy.

"When we're out, you're not to leave my side." Harry informed me as he held open the passenger door of the car closest to the stairs. "You're not going to say anything to anyone and if you do, there will be consequences." The way Harry spoke made it so I had absolutely no input. I remained quiet as I climbed into the front seat.

Instead of closing the door and going directly to his seat on the other side, Harry grabbed the seat belt and bent over me to click it in on my other side. He made sure it was tight and secure by pulling on the material before kissing my cheek and closing the door, finally going in on his side.

I noticed how Harry didn't put much thought in securing his own seat belt like he did to mine, only clicking it in lazily, before pressing a button and allowing the garage doors to fly up and open, welcoming sunlight. There was a loud click that echoed throughout the quiet car, proving Harry had locked us both in from the inside.