|Twenty Four|

My already disturbed sleep was interrupted by the beginning of Daniels cries. 

"My turn," I mumble into Owens chest as I slowly unwrap myself from his hold and approach the cot at the end of the bed. A wriggling Daniel now screaming up at me as I lean in to pick him up. 

A soft bedside light, illuminates the room as Owen flicks the switch and sits himself up to sleepily check everything was fine. 

"He's just hungry. Go back to sleep, you've got work in a few hours," I gently tell Owen as I move over to the bed and sit in my previous spot beside him as I feed Daniel. Almost instantly he quietens down as he drinks. 

"It's okay, I'm awake now anyway," Owen mumbles as he pulls me closer to him so that my head can rest on his broad shoulder. 

"Lucky man gets those titties more than I do," Owen chuckles to himself as he kisses the top of my head. 

I couldn't help the soft chuckle that escapes my lips and the deep blush to ripen my cheeks. How this man can wake up numerous times a night and still stay slightly positive, is beyond reasoning. He must be some sort of superhuman. 

"One lucky man," I smile shyly as we both gaze down at Daniel. His green eyes wide awake as he looks up at us too. I give a small sigh as I look up to Owen, brushing his messy hair out of his tired face. 

"You excited to be seeing your girls later?" I ask. Referring to his raptors that I think he loves just as much as me. 

"It'll be nice. I mean, my small visits during the past few weeks were okay. But it's not the same as being involved with their routine and watching them develop together. It won't surprise me if they don't even look my way for the next few days. I'll have to prove to them that I'm still Alpha." he mumbles as he motions for, the now awake, Solo to move up on the bed so that he too, sits with his head on Owens chest and partially my arm so he can look over the baby as he gets scratched behind his floppy ears. 

It's sweet how protective Solo is of Daniel. Both of us were slightly worried that such a large dog would be too boystrus for a new born. But he watches over the cot as he sleeps and where ever someone takes Daniel, Solo isn't far behind. 

"I bet they'll have missed you just as much as you've missed them." I reassure him as I Owen takes a gurgling Daniel from me, to burp him. 

"You going to be okay?" he asks.

"Yeah. I mean, Helen is still here so she'll keep me in check for the next week before she goes back home," I nod to myself. Adam and Megan having had to get the plane home a few days ago after their week visit due to Megan's busy work schedule as a business manager. It was still nice to see them; as last time was Adam's wedding. Everyone just too busy to take the time off to visit as travelling was two days at least. 

Owen complains as Daniel burbs, but is also sick over Owen's shoulder,"Ah! Thanks, dude," Luckily, he had placed a towel over himself so that it wouldn't go on him- never making that mistake again. Still, the smell was pretty bad. 

Both of us begin giggling away as we clean up Daniel and try to settle him down again. Luckily, after a changing his nappy, he drifts back off into his own little dream world.

"Quick, get back to sleep before he wakes up again!" Owen jokes as he dives back under the covers of the bed; pulling me down with him and snuggling into each other. Placing a delicate kiss on my nose before my lips as he turns off the light. The early morning rays of the sun slightly illuminating his face. 

"Love you, Princess," he mumbles against my lips as he pulls me closer, my head resting on his warm chest as I close my tired eyes.

"Love you too, Pumpkin," I giggle quietly at the annoyed groan from Owen. His head falling on top of mine in protest as I hide my face from him at the small blush spreading from my cheeks, down my neck.

"We need to think of a better name than that," he grumbles. His fingers gently tracing the skin on my cheek as he closes his eyes in attempt to get back to sleep.

"Then stop calling me princess,"

"Never," he whispers.